What cable do I need? Help please !

Found 24th Mar 2010
I recently bought the Logitech X-210 speakers when they were £14.99 @ amazon

They came today and i'm very impressed with them, can plug them straight into my iPhone and they work fine. What I want to know is which cable i would need to plug them into my t.v because it doesn't have a headphone jack.

It has :

* HDMI x2
* SCART x2
* Component etc.

19 Comments

You sure it doesn't have a headphone socket??
was it made in 1952?!

how do you connect them to your iphone then without a headphone jack??

oh ignore that, you mean the telly lmao

u sure there's not a flap that lifts up on the front of it where all the little buttons are for manually changing channel etc.????

Original Poster

Babbabooey;8193503

You sure it doesn't have a headphone socket??was it made in 1952?!

Don't think it was made in '52 tbh :-D

http://www.plasma-lcd-crt.com/timgs/philips_42pfp5332_1.jpg

SunTzu;8193602

how do you connect them to your iphone then without a headphone jack??oh … how do you connect them to your iphone then without a headphone jack??oh ignore that, you mean the telly lmaou sure there's not a flap that lifts up on the front of it where all the little buttons are for manually changing channel etc.????

Just read up about the t.v and it says it has one, but i cannot find it

what make/model is it?

Original Poster

SunTzu;8193836

what make/model is it?

I'm assuming it's this model

Philips 42PFP5332 Plasma 42 inch TV

Because that looks exactly like it.

I'm uncertain of the model as the T.V was given to me:thumbsup:

ScRiVs;8193930

I'm assuming it's this model Philips 42PFP5332 Plasma 42 inch TVBecause … I'm assuming it's this model Philips 42PFP5332 Plasma 42 inch TVBecause that looks exactly like it.I'm uncertain of the model as the T.V was given to me:thumbsup:

Doesn't it say on the back?
Most TV's from the same range look like each other.

Babbabooey;8193503

You sure it doesn't have a headphone socket??was it made in 1952?!

i have an LG plasma 1yr old, no headphone socket:thumbsup:

Original Poster

SunTzu;8194020

on a philips plasma the headphone socket should be on a side … on a philips plasma the headphone socket should be on a side panel.....see diagram here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/42pfp5332_10/42pfp5332_10_qsg_eng.pdf

On the left hand side theres just a few buttons and on the right hand side there's nothing :thinking:

ScRiVs;8193930

I'm assuming it's this model Philips 42PFP5332 Plasma 42 inch TVBecause … I'm assuming it's this model Philips 42PFP5332 Plasma 42 inch TVBecause that looks exactly like it.I'm uncertain of the model as the T.V was given to me:thumbsup:

According to the user manual, the headphone socket is on the side of the TV.... (assuming you gave the right model number)

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9414/headphone.jpg

yeh thats what i thought?????????

If it doesn't have a headphone jack you're usually scuppered...my Samsung TV doesn't have a headphone jack, and it also has no audio outputs.

Decent speakers are usually only a necessity for watching films or concerts on the TV, I tend to find. Soaps, quiz shows, sports etc don't gain much from external speakers. If you'd agree, you'll normally find your DVD/BluRay player will have a sound output (perhaps red and white sockets) which can be converted with a few cheap connectors from Maplin...

Original Poster

well it's clearly not that model, like i said it was an assumption as it was given to me.

I don't know what model it is but the one I gave looks exactly like it.

I'll check the Philips website now, doubt i'll find much though.

Original Poster

SirBargainsALot;8194358

If it doesn't have a headphone jack you're usually scuppered...my Samsung … If it doesn't have a headphone jack you're usually scuppered...my Samsung TV doesn't have a headphone jack, and it also has no audio outputs. Decent speakers are usually only a necessity for watching films or concerts on the TV, I tend to find. Soaps, quiz shows, sports etc don't gain much from external speakers. If you'd agree, you'll normally find your DVD/BluRay player will have a sound output (perhaps red and white sockets) which can be converted with a few cheap connectors from Maplin...

My Blu-Ray player is a PS3 mate and there ain't nout on that thing

can you not use one of these ? pnly a couple of quid on ebay

Mini Jack 3.5mm Female Stereo to RCA Phono Plug Adaptor
[IMG]audiospares.com/ima…php?type=P&id=711[/IMG]

Banned

you can audio out using the scart socket too

on a certain auction site

Original Poster

jubbyme;8194902

you can audio out using the scart socket too300346306741on a certain … you can audio out using the scart socket too300346306741on a certain auction site

The cable that plugs into stuff from the speakers is a 3.5mm headphone jack socket though???

It's really confusing me

Original Poster

jubbyme;8194902

you can audio out using the scart socket too300346306741on a certain … you can audio out using the scart socket too300346306741on a certain auction site

If I bought that item, would I need one of these aswell?

I have a Phillips 42" Plasma like the one in the photo, there is a row of inputs centre back, near the HDMI Socket and there is another row of inputs at the back left side bottom ( if you are facing the TV ). They are under the switches on the side.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769368
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions