What can I buy a 16yr old girl budget about £30-£40

Posted 16th Dec 2019
Looking to buy something personal but I am at a loss.

She is not a gamer, she likes acting & photography.

I do not want to buy vouchers or give cash. Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Thank you for all your ideas.

Tickets to a play, camera equipment, make-up, scrapbook, cinema vouchers, jewelry I looked into good and proper.

The play tickets I had to rule out although it was a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, she is doing her GCSE Drama & an external Drama qualification which means she is studying after school 3 days a week & every weekend until February.

The camera equipment I looked at but currently she has got a couple of the best point & shoots & can borrow DSLRs from the school whenever she wants as a part of her GCSE. I think the time to buy that is probably when she starts A level & BTEC (I think that is what they call it) in September. It would be good for her to have her own kit by then.

The Makeup, Jewelry, Trainers & Clothing. I looked & looked at this then read the above comment "God help you if you get the wrong makeup, clothes etc.". Which sadly I had to agree with.

Then someone said "Get on groupon," which triggered my brain. I went on Groupon & saw a couple of experience days so checked out quidco on experience days for kids.

So I went to virginexperiences & spotted driving lessons for 10-16 year olds. So bought a 30 min session in a car on a local track to familiar herself with driving before official lessons start when she in 17yrs old. I think she will love it.

Thank you for all of your help.
24 Comments
Tickets to a play ?
Do they like make up?
Follow any beauty youtubers?
Morphe do lots of make up sets collaborations with famous YouTuber like James Charles, Jeffree Star, Jaclyn Hill, Manny

These are popular with lots of teens

currently 25% off with code
uk.morphe.com/

39392981-V6sAQ.jpg
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 16th Dec 2019
A scrapbook/photo album and some crafty stuff to start collecting all her photos in if that isn’t something she does already? can always get one and stuff to theme it around a specific subject: family, friends, nature etc
Aren't they into makeup at that age? My niece is the same age - I got her a book (she likes reading) and a handbag.

They have some cool figurines at H. Samuel on sale : hsamuel.co.uk/web…ne/
Cinema voucher and voucher for food outlet that’s by your cinema, such as Nando’s, Pizza Hut, Bella Italia etc
Nomination bracelet
Buy her some sort of day out/spa day etc. At that age God help you if you get the wrong makeup, clothes etc.

I learnt that the hard way from buying my niece something.
Lush gift box
Cash or an Alexa?
Gorilla pod for her camera
I’d go with make up however I wouldn’t buy from morphe online this late my order from the 9th still isn’t dispatched. They take 5 working days just to process orders.
id go to boots and look at the soap and glory sets. My daughters 16 on Boxing Day and she’s make up crazy
Get on groupon, photography courses, canvas, photo books????
If she is in to photography and has a decent mobile phone with camera etc maybe a decent gimbal ?
What about a star map mypicture have them offer
If you know what camera she uses how about some accessories for it if she hasn’t already got them? Like a tripod or a carry case or what-have-you. Or like someone else suggested, a scrapbook
what about an instax printer for her to print photos directly from her phone. Like this one amazon.co.uk/Kii…PH/ there are lots of options out there. You'll need to get her some film also.
If you want to buy "something personal" then I'm not sure that asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet is going to get you that.

Why not just ask someone who knows her very well, such as her mum, dad or sibling what she is in to our what she has mentioned that she might like or want?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Dec 2019
Haircut_10016/12/2019 16:48

If you want to buy "something personal" then I'm not sure that asking a …If you want to buy "something personal" then I'm not sure that asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet is going to get you that. Why not just ask someone who knows her very well, such as her mum, dad or sibling what she is in to our what she has mentioned that she might like or want?

Sorry, but there are at least 3 things posted above that I would never have thought of at all.

So asking total strangers actually works. Have you got any ideas?
She is 16 so about to leave high school ? Maybe a instax camera for memories ?
Vouchers for Spa or Day out?
Holiday ?
Theatre Lion King?
Trainers ?
Handbag ? Micheal Kors ? In bicseter or online ?
Willy_Wonka16/12/2019 16:50

Sorry, but there are at least 3 things posted above that I would never …Sorry, but there are at least 3 things posted above that I would never have thought of at all. So asking total strangers actually works. Have you got any ideas?

Yes, I've got plenty of ideas for what to buy my own children for their birthdays. As for the young person you are wanting suggestions for, well I don't know them, so the best bet would be to recommend something fairly safe such as a gift card for Lush or a cinema gift card. Like you say, you might hand seen three things posted above that you wouldn't have thought of, but would the recipient really be in to them? That's that big question.

But if you want something "personal", as you said in your original post, and maybe more meaningful, then it could well be worth having a chat with their mum, dad, sibling, etc to help choose something carefully that could be special to them. Best of luck with your search to get a nice present whichever way you choose to do it.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 16th Dec 2019
This is perfect and grab it while you can... it’s a shellac nail varnish starter kit which is usually £79.99 but boots have got a brilliant deal at £39.00.

boots.com/sen….ds
Edited by: "shirlz84" 17th Dec 2019
Thank you for all your ideas.

Tickets to a play, camera equipment, make-up, scrapbook, cinema vouchers, jewelry I looked into good and proper.

The play tickets I had to rule out although it was a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, she is doing her GCSE Drama & an external Drama qualification which means she is studying after school 3 days a week & every weekend until February.

The camera equipment I looked at but currently she has got a couple of the best point & shoots & can borrow DSLRs from the school whenever she wants as a part of her GCSE. I think the time to buy that is probably when she starts A level & BTEC (I think that is what they call it) in September. It would be good for her to have her own kit by then.

The Makeup, Jewelry, Trainers & Clothing. I looked & looked at this then read the above comment "God help you if you get the wrong makeup, clothes etc.". Which sadly I had to agree with.

Then someone said "Get on groupon," which triggered my brain. I went on Groupon & saw a couple of experience days so checked out quidco on experience days for kids.

So I went to virginexperiences & spotted driving lessons for 10-16 year olds. So bought a 30 min session in a car on a local track to familiar herself with driving before official lessons start when she in 17yrs old. I think she will love it.

Thank you for all of your help.
Willy_Wonka18/12/2019 17:32

Thank you for all your ideas. Tickets to a play, camera equipment, …Thank you for all your ideas. Tickets to a play, camera equipment, make-up, scrapbook, cinema vouchers, jewelry I looked into good and proper. The play tickets I had to rule out although it was a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, she is doing her GCSE Drama & an external Drama qualification which means she is studying after school 3 days a week & every weekend until February. The camera equipment I looked at but currently she has got a couple of the best point & shoots & can borrow DSLRs from the school whenever she wants as a part of her GCSE. I think the time to buy that is probably when she starts A level & BTEC (I think that is what they call it) in September. It would be good for her to have her own kit by then. The Makeup, Jewelry, Trainers & Clothing. I looked & looked at this then read the above comment "God help you if you get the wrong makeup, clothes etc.". Which sadly I had to agree with. Then someone said "Get on groupon," which triggered my brain. I went on Groupon & saw a couple of experience days so checked out quidco on experience days for kids.So I went to virginexperiences & spotted driving lessons for 10-16 year olds. So bought a 30 min session in a car on a local track to familiar herself with driving before official lessons start when she in 17yrs old. I think she will love it. Thank you for all of your help.

That sounds like a great present
Driving is an amazing idea one very lucky lady
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants