Groups

What can i buy a new born

Hi, My cousin gave birth (about 2 months ago? i think) to a baby girl, I haven't yet had chance to go vist and say hello, so tecnically ive saved money from the gifts i would have brought for the new born, so im wanting to buy gifts for the baby and her mother (& possibly father) as a way to say both congratulations and sorry for not visiting sooner.

Im not good with baby stuff as 0-5 years are all the same to me, so a 2-3month old baby and a 22 year old mother.

what can i buy for her? something useful and nice, would buy the massive 2M tall teddy but doubt they have the space for that.

32 Comments

i selling a pram if your interested for 50 pounds? its 3 months old and 3 in one

Original Poster

kaijun

i selling a pram if your interested for 50 pounds? its 3 months old and 3 … i selling a pram if your interested for 50 pounds? its 3 months old and 3 in one

She brought a new one at 500 quid or something stupidly expensive. so doubt she'd want another pram.
    but thanks

take advantage of the amazon/entertainer deal
    Buy a pink vtech activity table, a pink baby walker and a £1 jigsaw for £35 with the discount! She will soon be using them x

A silver moneybox.

Two months old isn't newborn, so be careful what you buy - if you buy clothes for a newborn, for example, they might not fit.

you will prob find like most people with there 1st kid they have way to many cloths for a small baby.

U could always buy them one of the gift that bronzes the kids first shoes, or take a cast of the babys feet and or hands.

or could go all out and buy them 100s of nappies and wipes

the best thing i ever bought and was 2nd hand Fisher Price Rainforest Baby Swing cost me £40 and 6-8 months later sold this for £50 but there is other types out there.
    [img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/6scAAOSwXeJYM1e1/$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F[/img]

Edited by: "djmackie2000" 14th Dec 2016

Original Poster

sarah25

http://www.thetoyshop.com/

sarah25

take advantage of the amazon/entertainer deal Buy a pink vtech activity … take advantage of the amazon/entertainer deal Buy a pink vtech activity table, a pink baby walker and a £1 jigsaw for £35 with the discount! She will soon be using them x

Sounds like a great deal.
    Ill ask her mother if she has any of this stuff first.

I dont even know if the child can walk or talk yet, guess ill find out when i visit.

thanks for the help

A motorbike

Personally I always think Premium Bonds is a canny gift for a newborn.

I dont even know if the child can walk or talk yet, guess ill find out … I dont even know if the child can walk or talk yet, guess ill find out when i visit.

im guessing that unless its a genius or a freak of nature its safe to say it wont be walking or talking

Banned

sarah25

sarah25

take advantage of the amazon/entertainer deal Buy a pink vtech activity … take advantage of the amazon/entertainer deal Buy a pink vtech activity table, a pink baby walker and a £1 jigsaw for £35 with the discount! She will soon be using them x

If the baby is 2-3 months old then she wont be able to walk or talk, most first steps happen 9months onwards, 2+ months isn't classed as a newborn.

I think you might be better off asking the mother for ideas or if you want to buy clothes then ask what size she wants etc

Edited by: "Holly1985" 14th Dec 2016

sarah25

sarah25

​lol you weren't kidding about not knowing anything about babies. no, she can barely see much less walk or talk

A jumperoo!

ding

im guessing that unless its a genius or a freak of nature its safe to … im guessing that unless its a genius or a freak of nature its safe to say it wont be walking or talking

Agree, my sons was walking at 6months, toilet trained by 1 year, but his speaking is slow and he is now 3.
    I know kinds that are 1-1.5 and still not walking and kids 3 still not toilet trained but can speak. but at 2 months they will be sleeping, eating, crying or pooping
    Edited by: "djmackie2000" 14th Dec 2016

From experience, you get inundated with stuff when baby is first born, so maybe a pair of socks with things on like these and a voucher for mom and dad so they can treat themselves? Or open a bank account for baby?

at that age she wont need anything - but in 3 months time shes going to need it all time goes too quick they go from doing nothing to destroying the house in a matter of months lol x

sarah25

sarah25

Original Poster

Still waiting on her mom to reply.
    Might be easier to buy a gift for the parents rather than the kid
    Specially when like stated above everyone will be getting gifts for the child

Buy a gift voucher for Mothercare or Mamas & Papas.

Maybe make a hamper yourself, with a pack of nappies, Toiletries like top to toe wash etc, a little gift for mum (some prosecco, unless she's breast feeding!)

The great thing about babies is they don't own anything yet, so really you could buy them anything

from 3 months old they will need some teethers, the giraffe has excellent reviews.

amauk

from 3 months old they will need some teethers, the giraffe has excellent … from 3 months old they will need some teethers, the giraffe has excellent reviews.

I'll second that, they are great, my parents still had mine from when I was a baby (am French), obviously didn't give that one to my babies

MrsRedHead

A jumperoo!

Perfect gift. These things are amazing

A playmat / play gym or a bouncing chair are both great gifts for mummy getting a little bit of peace and quiet.
    Any lamaze toy is also a great gift.
    Cot mobile is nice too

Edited by: "jdRiggs" 14th Dec 2016

Get her a voucher for Mothercare, Boots or similar. It can be used when needed then on various items. Thats what I would have appreciated. I also was given a nappy Cake which was a good present, you can have them made up for any size. (Also agree that the Giraffe was a fab toy, we lost it a few times too so even if they have one another one will get used to i'm sure!)
    Don't worry about the delay in seeing them. Its overwhelming having a baby and everyone wanting to visit all at once, leaving them a bit of time to adjust to there new routine is considerate - even if it was unintentional!

Tether, or nappies definitely, a baby sleeping bag. Or a blanket. Rattle toy

seadogg

Personally I always think Premium Bonds is a canny gift for a newborn.

If you want to spend the £100 minimum and don't care about poor returns on investment.

If you really have no clue about baby's size for clothes (if you buy bigger age size for her to grow into bear in mind the season she may fit into it as a winter coat won't be much use in summer)... and you don't know what toys/gadgets they already have i.e. Jumperoo (brilliant but you don't need two!)... then how about a solid gold coin? I got my son one for his first birthday and I'm going to continue to buy them for his birthdays to come.

I would buy a nice soft baby blanket baby will need it

Original Poster

So her mother text back and said
    "Do not buy them anything, just stuff for olivia, 3-6 months is the stuff i need to look for"
    so narrows it down abit.

A ticket to Mars.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News77
      2. Cheer me up please?1223
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767523
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1631

See more discussions