Groups

What can I buy my 2 year old son for his birthday??

Hi guys,

Got £100 off the grandparents for a present for our 2 year old and cant think of anything to buy him as he has so much and like any toddler sticks to the same toys.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

19 Comments

put it towards some outdoor climbing frame or such like

Good idea or maybe a swimming pool as he'll LOVE that in the summer

If he doesn't need anything, then bung it in a high interest account until there's something he does need/want.

in agreement with KrispiiDuck
    or treat the lad to some books and then put the rest away.xxx

how about an 8ft Garden Trampoline with enclosure, kids and adults love them

Battery operated sit-in Ferrari. We bought one for our son when he was 2 (many years ago) and it was a huge hit.

DIVA1977;4788587

put it towards some outdoor climbing frame or such like

Good idea - we did this for our 2 children when their grandma gave them some money.. It's being used years later!

ANother thing we got was a bouncy castle - but you have to get it out and put it away.. Also have to make sure it is fitted secure to the ground!

I would say that climbing frames and swings also have to be anchored properly or they are also dangerous!

Buy him a premium bond, £100, if it wins big, he will be able to pay his own way through uni

Original Poster

Good suggestions and I think the putting it away or getting a premium bond is the best idea as all the rest he has bar the ferrari which I may look into although he has a battery powered bike and hates the sound,

Thanks guys.

two or three chickens..................... sounds daft and stupid but my son loves his he is three now and as had theese a year. he just loves the eggs and the something to do every day, much better than a computer game or slide and swing so give it a try you wont regret it.

Xbox 360!

Original Poster

vengod;4788954

Xbox 360!

Got a 14 year old so consoles in every corner of house lol.

Original Poster

robjue15;4788808

two or three chickens..................... sounds daft and stupid but my … two or three chickens..................... sounds daft and stupid but my son loves his he is three now and as had theese a year. he just loves the eggs and the something to do every day, much better than a computer game or slide and swing so give it a try you wont regret it.

ooook, could also buy him the twilight zone dvd.

Buy Newcastle squad then put the other £99 in the bank.

I love the idea of the chickens! Pets of any sort are always great so long as you can afford them and provide them with the right care, will certainly keep this in mind for a pressie for one of ours.

If your child seriously has enough toys, clothes etc, go ahead and open a bank account that the grandparents and you can make payments into whenever you wish to.

A Wheelybug, best toy ever invented, my daughters have had one each since they were 1yr and 5yrs old respectively and they are still going strong, being their most played with toys, 3 years later. A great investment too as they're timeless so can be kept for grandchildren, and quite good fun for mums and dads too!! Loads of friends have bought them since seeing ours.

what is a wheelybug??

ClarityofMind;4800876

what is a wheelybug??

amazon.co.uk/s/r…bug

This is a wheelybug, they're SO hardwearing and really great fun (Mummy can vouch for that!!).

i bought my 2 yr old a trampoline off tj hughes and it was a bargin at £115
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3881542
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1827
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2282
      4. word association Game72944196

See more discussions