What can i do to protect myself?

10 replies
Found 16th Feb 2010
Just sold something expensive on eBay. Now, i dont want to end up being conned like i have before so what can i do?

I will send the thing recorded, the most expensive post there is!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Wait to be paid first is a good start.

Send it Special Delivery, upto £500 comp and GUARANTEED next day.

Original Poster

Ive been paid. What can i do if the person says something is missing or broken or not as described, when it isn't?

You can't do much really, your word against his. But, if he does, then you should just go through a PayPal complaint and get him to return the item.

Keithoms;7854379

Ive been paid. What can i do if the person says something is missing or … Ive been paid. What can i do if the person says something is missing or broken or not as described, when it isn't?

I've had people come back to me saying something is missing. It wasn't and all you can do is be straight with them.

some will try and get extras from the deal but just stand your ground.

Don't put your address on the parcel if you think bad about it.

If its value is over £36 then DO NOT SEND RECORDED use special delivery, what was the item?

Mark the item with a UV in case they try to do the old switcherooni with a faulty replica.

1 take pictures of serial numbers if there are any.

2 Take pictures of everything before you box it up and send to the buyer, just to show the contents before it goes in the box email them these to show how well you've packed it.

3 Send it special delivery - before 1PM service.

Banned

Don't put your address on the parcel if you think bad about it.

The buyer can get the sellers address easily if they want it.

Mallinersha;7854466

1 take pictures of serial numbers if there are any.2 Take pictures of … 1 take pictures of serial numbers if there are any.2 Take pictures of everything before you box it up and send to the buyer, just to show the contents before it goes in the box email them these to show how well you've packed it.3 Send it special delivery - before 1PM service.

This. You can't have too many pictures, pics of going in box, pics of box, UV thing is good too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions