Groups

what can i do with my sausages for tea?

got a pkt of 8 sausages that need using and want2 make something tasty for tea using other bits that need using
    have some pittas
    new potatoes
    cherry toms

also have pasta, tinned toms, cheese, but could really do with using the above mainly else itl be binned and i hate waste

any ideas? something reasonably quick and leftovers can be taken for lunch tomorrow please. thanku HUKDealers xx

14 Comments

Make a pasta sauce.
    Cook the sausages, chop them up, put them in a homemade tomato sauce (with onion and maybe a little bit of garlic) and add a little bit of chilli.

Or meatballs, take the meat out of the sausages and use that to make them.
    Have them with new potatoes.
    For lunch tomorrow have a cheese and cherry tomato pitta.

Get some eggs and make a mega large omelette with all the stuff you can eat cold tomorrow as well with some pitta.

Original Poster

waterloo;8827798

Get some eggs and make a mega large omelette with all the stuff you can … Get some eggs and make a mega large omelette with all the stuff you can eat cold tomorrow as well with some pitta.

my OH would like that but i cant stand omelette
    nice idea thow

sausage casserole??

Brown the sausages and chuck 'em in a oven dish with the tinned tomatoes and an oxo cube disolved in water. If you have an oinion and a carrot chop 'em up and chuck 'em in too. Bung it all in the oven for about 40 min. Boil up the potatoes and 10 min b4 the end of cooking cover the caserol with the cheese ( if you mix it with a crushed packet of crisps before sprinkiling you'll get a lovely crunchy topping)

[FONT=Arial]Do a Gizzi Erskine!...drool [/FONT]

Toad in the hole!

Banned

chop potatoes into halfs/quarters fry them off in pan with some salt/pepper & spices til crispy and then throw in the cherry tomatoes at the end with olive oil....... that and maybe chop in the sausages once cooked

What did you eat in the end?

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8829955

What did you eat in the end?

i cut the sausages up into pieces and fried them off with garlic and onions, added halved cherry toms for 5mins, then a tin of chopped toms, chilli flakes, more garlic and bbq sauce, put in a cass dish with half a tin of kidney beans, topped with 2 lyers of sliced cooked potatoes and cheese, topped with paprika and a few knobs of butter, in oven till hot and brown on top, was scrummy
    i just kinda made it up as i was going along
    thanks for every1s suggestions

tatemze;8830081

i cut the sausages up into pieces and fried them off with garlic and … i cut the sausages up into pieces and fried them off with garlic and onions, added halved cherry toms for 5mins, then a tin of chopped toms, chilli flakes, more garlic and bbq sauce, put in a cass dish with half a tin of kidney beans, topped with 2 lyers of sliced cooked potatoes and cheese, topped with paprika and a few knobs of butter, in oven till hot and brown on top, was scrummyi just kinda made it up as i was going alongthanks for every1s suggestions

Sounds tasty, much better than plain old sausages!

tatemze;8830081

i cut the sausages up into pieces and fried them off with garlic and … i cut the sausages up into pieces and fried them off with garlic and onions, added halved cherry toms for 5mins, then a tin of chopped toms, chilli flakes, more garlic and bbq sauce, put in a cass dish with half a tin of kidney beans, topped with 2 lyers of sliced cooked potatoes and cheese, topped with paprika and a few knobs of butter, in oven till hot and brown on top, was scrummyi just kinda made it up as i was going alongthanks for every1s suggestions

That sounds lovely :-D

Original Poster

sickly sweet;8830156

Sounds tasty, much better than plain old sausages!

munnski;8830233

That sounds lovely :-D

it really was(if i do say so myself), I was quite surprised, i didnt have much of an idea what I was doing but it turned out good
    oh n i put a splash of nandos peri peri marinade in aswel, 4got about that, but only as i had no lea n perrins
    will deff make again :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking11
      2. How are Very for pre-orders ?33
      3. Furniture Sliders45
      4. Cheap Laptop?11

See more discussions