What can i use instead of Peer Guardian 2?

Found 14th Jun 2009
It doesn't work on my pc, it wont boot up any more. I have goggled it and everything but what people were saying went way over my head. So what are the alternatives please? (im running vista)

thanks

12 Comments

Is yours an older version of Peerguardian you are just trying to install or have you downloaded the latest version?

Banned

I downloaded the latest version recently and its really touchy about starting up in vista. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

Original Poster

lumoruk;5492578

I downloaded the latest version recently and its really touchy about … I downloaded the latest version recently and its really touchy about starting up in vista. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

yeah, same here

Banned

mine works all the time in vista but I do have to start it up myself rather than letting it start on boot up

Original Poster

Urgh, still not working for me, does no one have any suggestions then?

Banned

mum2b;5494647

Urgh, still not working for me, does no one have any suggestions then?

need more info. 'not working' doesnt really give us a clue

Banned

It does say "This is not the final version of RC1. This is an initial testing release only. Things are broken. Please do not release any new build to download or news sites!" so you'll just have to wait till they fix it.

Banned

lumoruk;5495810

It does say "This is not the final version of RC1. This is an initial … It does say "This is not the final version of RC1. This is an initial testing release only. Things are broken. Please do not release any new build to download or news sites!" so you'll just have to wait till they fix it.

I dont use that version. I use

PeerGuardian 2 (6b x64)

Original Poster

csiman;5495139

need more info. 'not working' doesnt really give us a clue

As stated in my initial posts it wont boot up....

Banned

mum2b;5496515

As stated in my initial posts it wont boot up....

fine the exe file called peerguardian2.exe and right click on it and select properties and the tick the box to RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR then ok

then click on the exe to run it.

Banned

csiman;5496725

fine the exe file called peerguardian2.exe and right click on it and … fine the exe file called peerguardian2.exe and right click on it and select properties and the tick the box to RUN AS AN ADMINISTRATOR then okthen click on the exe to run it.

It does that anyway....but to add information 193 pages in the thread on this release apparently bluetack??? list should be disabled or it crashes

forums.phoenixlabs.org/sho…e=2

Banned

uninstall and use this one

PeerGuardian 2 (6b x64)

seems to work fine on my vista system
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    2. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    3. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21