Groups

what can I use to tighten these two screw. area around is tight so can't get spanner etc in

what can I use to tighten these two screw. area around is tight so can't get spanner etc in

52 Comments

nwressell

what can I use to tighten these two screw. area around is tight so can't … what can I use to tighten these two screw. area around is tight so can't get spanner etc in

http://res.cloudinary.com/urbandictionary/image/upload/a_exif,c_fit,h_200,w_200/v1396227695/zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

oO Sounds painful X)

Original Poster

Edited by: "nwressell" 26th Feb

nwressell

photo

text

I'd imagine a screwdriver would do the tricket rather than a spanner for some screws...

fanpages

FP, you're too quick for me X)

Original Poster

nwressell

photp

texty

birdyboyuk

I'd imagine a screwdriver would do the tricket rather than a spanner for … I'd imagine a screwdriver would do the tricket rather than a spanner for some screws...

Try a ratchet

summerof76

Try a ratchet

​what a rat **** going to do

Try inventing something for it and then taking it to dragons den

just hammer them in

metalmakabre

just hammer them in

*DIY Training Course tip #1: If in doubt, use a bigger hammer.

* Destroy It Yourself

metalmakabre

just hammer them in

With a tape measure.

Duck tape if it moves and shouldn't, WD40 if it doesn't move but should.

Original Poster

metalmakabre

just hammer them in

deeky

With a tape measure.

My pocket calculator is available if anybody is unsure how many pockets they have.

nwressell

https://imgur.com/a/lm1Ir

Edited By: nwressell on Feb 26, 2017 16:59: photo

https://i.imgur.com/sIX4vw7.jpg

^ Torque wrench required

You need a basin wrench. About £3 for a fixed one, £5-6 for an adjustable one

http://cdn.toolstation.com/images/141020-UK/800/81935.jpg

Edited by: "deeky" 26th Feb

...possibly some swearing

...then a take-away & a pint.

sergiup

Duck tape if it moves and shouldn't, WD40 if it doesn't move but should.

You're quackers.

deeky

You need a basin wrench...

If only churchill was here.

metalmakabre

​what a rat **** going to do

It tightens nuts (_;)

Original Poster

deeky

You need a basin wrench. About £3 for a fixed one, £5-6 for an a … You need a basin wrench. About £3 for a fixed one, £5-6 for an adjustable one

​Thanks. just ordered an adjustable one from your help. Love this website for how you can get answers to life's problems.

Original Poster

thanks for your help. sorted now thanks to the people on HUKD. if only I could add photos easily!!!!!

You need these
    Insert one end up the threaded shank, and tighten by using the rod inserted in the bottom end. Easily the best tool for the job.

The other tool suggested, won't fit as it's too big in such a confined space.

Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 26th Feb

nwressell

​Thanks. just ordered an adjustable one from your help. Love this website … ​Thanks. just ordered an adjustable one from your help. Love this website for how you can get answers to life's problems.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Original Poster

summerof76

Good luck and let us know how you get on

​will do. God I love DIY, NOT!!!!

nwressell

Thats the one thing i'm good at X)

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

You need theseInsert one end up the threaded shank, and tighten by using … You need theseInsert one end up the threaded shank, and tighten by using the rod inserted in the bottom end. Easily the best tool for the job. The other tool suggested, won't fit as it's too big in such a confined space.

​perfect thanks. will get one of these too. Need to know the screw size!!! what's the best way to find this out?

nwressell

Get a man in.

Alternatively, summer' is available...

Original Poster

summerof76

Thats the one thing i'm good at X)

​what you doing tonight and do you have box spanners?

Taliban_Army

You need theseInsert one end up the threaded shank, and tighten by using … You need theseInsert one end up the threaded shank, and tighten by using the rod inserted in the bottom end. Easily the best tool for the job. The other tool suggested, won't fit as it's too big in such a confined space.

I'm sure there's plenty of room there for a basin wrench.

In fact, looking at the picture, I'd fancy getting a regular spanner in there X)

Edited by: "deeky" 26th Feb

nwressell

​what you doing tonight and do you have box spanners?

Like you are going to need spanners for that!

nwressell

​perfect thanks. will get one of these too. Need to know the screw s … ​perfect thanks. will get one of these too. Need to know the screw size!!! what's the best way to find this out?

With that tool I suggested, there's no need to find the size 1st. It's designed specifically for monobloc taps and has at least 4 of the most usual sizes. You can buy a bigger set with more sizes. The nuts are usually 8,9,10 or 11mm.

For future reference you'd get a better response posting in Ask rather misc.

fanpages

Like you are going to need spanners for that!

BarmyBulldog

For future reference you'd get a better response posting in Ask rather … For future reference you'd get a better response posting in Ask rather misc.

Guess where this thread is now?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions