Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

What can someone do with a mobile number?

Posted 21st Jun
I'm selling 3 EE PAYG sim cards. All 3 have £20 credit on them.

I just got a call from an unknown number. The person said she's interested buying all three but needs the mobile number of at least one of them to see if the sim is compatible with her phone.

I'm not comfortable just giving the number like that and told her but she just kept insisting. I told her the sim comes in 3 sizes but she won't listen.

I told her to call back in 15 minutes then headed straight here for advice

She can't somehow get the credit transferred somewhere with the number right? Sounds silly but anything is possible these days!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Lol
Defo sounds like a scam, no need for the mobile number at all. You know if your phone is unlocked just by shoving another SIM card in from a different network provider
Technically if you hvaen't registered them they could call EE and request a new sim and block yours as lost
Massive weirdo
Don't waste your time. The number has nothing to do with SIM compatibility, at least for phones that work in UK.
Thank you so much everyone! Really appreciate it.
Sounds like a scam no one needs to know a phone number before buying a phone or sim
Edited by: "_Tris_" 21st Jun
There's nothing she could do with the numbers as the telephone numbers are not linked to any specific network and can be ported out. However when looking at what you have typed it threw me for a second, as I wasn't sure whether you had the 3 networks sims or EE network sims
regretful121/06/2020 19:21

There's nothing she could do with the numbers as the telephone numbers are …There's nothing she could do with the numbers as the telephone numbers are not linked to any specific network and can be ported out. However when looking at what you have typed it threw me for a second, as I wasn't sure whether you had the 3 networks sims or EE network sims

I've got three EE network PAYG sim cards.
lol, yes I realised after a few seconds but it got me thinking if you have advertised them somewhere like ebay, Facebook and someone else hadn't realised what network they was on. maybe advertse them as EE Network sims for sale (3 of them)
regretful121/06/2020 19:32

lol, yes I realised after a few seconds but it got me thinking if you have …lol, yes I realised after a few seconds but it got me thinking if you have advertised them somewhere like ebay, Facebook and someone else hadn't realised what network they was on. maybe advertse them as EE Network sims for sale (3 of them)

Thanks for the advice. I've got them on eBay and gumtree accompanied with an EE sim card pic
Post a comment
@
    Text