Groups

What can you tell me about e-book readers?

I was considering an ebook reader, maybe a Sony. The books seem to be a bit expensive though. Can anyone tell me what they think about their readers if they have one and is there a place to get books at a good price?

I'm just wondering also about managing the books. Can books be swapped, or are they er around as NZB's or torrents unlocked and reader to install or are they all DRM locked . Just looking for general info about how these things work and whether i can swap or sell books after reading so as to get the best value and keep costs down.

5 Comments

Wait and get an Apple iPad !

thought about buying my girlfriend one but again don;t know much about them

shedboy66;8386917

thought about buying my girlfriend one but again don;t know much about … thought about buying my girlfriend one but again don;t know much about them

That's girlfriends for you - a mystery to most of us! ;-)

Books are expensive, but if you find free online books you can convert them from any format into ePub. I use a free program called Calibre and have created over 200 books for myself.

calibre-ebook.com/

I use my reader every day - one of the best buys I have made. I went for the PRS-300.
    If you buy books I don't think you can swap them with other people.

Original Poster

Thanks for the info those that replied. Thought there would be more contributions to this thread, obviously mostly an illiterate lot
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553747
      2. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button78
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?98
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1841

See more discussions