Groups

What Car?

Ok so here goes

I currently have a VW Polo 57 plate

I have the chance to get a Porsche 924 C reg

So my question is should i? it seems like a sort of downgrade but not at the same time.

Which is better considering im 18?

21 Comments

likely

Original Poster

that means?

05jamhad;6231680

that means?

im being sarcastic, i dont believe you:-D

and my preference if your truthful? the porsche anyday the 924 being one of my favourites

What colour is it? any pics? is it the turbo? have you checked insurance!

Original Poster

ok anyone want to give a helpful answer?

Original Poster

yeah for my VW i can get about 7500

and the porsche is just the standard and overall including insurance considering i have 1 year no claims will come to about 6500

so ill be a grand up fully insured for a year and have a porsche!

its red by the way

OP you can't even spell Porsche so stay away. You'll get killed on the insurance and servicing anyway.

You "have the chance to get a Porche 924 C reg ". You'll have the chance to buy one every year for the rest of your life, stick to your Polo for another couple of years. Buying the 924 will only end in tears and you won't attract many girls in a rusty unreliable baby Porsche.

Good Points:

its called a porsche
    faster
    will hold value longer than the polo

Bad Points:

Expensive maintenance
    Petrol cost may rise

Original Poster

fair enough good advise. they not too reliable then? surprisingly insurance will only set me back 2K

Banned

not a real porsche

u can also get a bentley for £4000 so dont be fooled thinking your getting a Porsche. stick with your polo in my opinion or upgrade to a golf.

05jamhad;6231708

so ill be a grand up fully insured for a year and have a porche!

And what about the year after? You will need to insure it then and it's not going to come down to as little as your Polo insurance is - Plus, much bigger risk of Porsche needing a lot more spending on it than the polo - have you checked the cost of servicing? You may find that that grand you though you had saved has quickly gone and at the end of 1 yr you cant afford to keep the car.

My advice, stick to the Polo, you will have the opportunity to buy a Porsche later in life, but there is no need to now.

cribert;6231664

likely

likely +1

+VAT

+village idiot tax

HEARD IT! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I also say stick to the Polo. Porsche may well sound good, but the car isn't particularly cache.gawker.com/ass…jpg Italian cars from that era aren't renowned for their reliability, and maintenance will be very costly

05jamhad;6231741

fair enough good advise. they not too reliable then? surprisingly … fair enough good advise. they not too reliable then? surprisingly insurance will only set me back 2K

You do realise C reg is 1985. That's 24 years old . . . :?

Original Poster

fair point guys. what sounds too good to be true, is i suppose.

ill stick with my polo for now

05jamhad;6231924

fair point guys. what sounds too good to be true, is i suppose.ill stick … fair point guys. what sounds too good to be true, is i suppose.ill stick with my polo for now

Look at the Top Gear Cheap Supercar challenges to see what happens when you go down that route :thumbsup:

I think we've all romanticised about owning great cars that we really can't afford, and that's what this amounts to really.

Spending 2k on insurance - provided you can even get cover at the tender age of 18, is madness.

get a bmw instead i got 1 its really fast.

Stick with your Polo if the porche goes wrong it will cost you a packet its just to old :thumbsup:

peodude;6231840

I also say stick to the Polo. Porsche may well sound good, but the car … I also say stick to the Polo. Porsche may well sound good, but the car isn't particularly http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2008/11/88Porsche924-Frt_LH.jpg Italian cars from that era aren't renowned for their reliability, and maintenance will be very costly

italian?

tallpete33;6231848

You do realise C reg is 1985. That's 24 years old . . . :?

85/86 to be pedantic

the 924 was not a great car and will cost an arm and a leg for spares etc, btw in road tests it was slower off the mark than the golf gti of the day and not a patch on its big brother the 944 which is/was a great car.

maddogb;6234785

italian?

You are correct, i am an idiot, well spotted :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1112
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!22
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription68
      4. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming35

See more discussions