What cashback sites do you use?

16 replies
Found 31st Dec 2016
Hi,

I want to register with some cashback sites as I've seen posts on here that mention using these services. I know I can Google for info (I've done so already) but I would prefer HUKD user thoughts on this.

Are there good/bad cashback sites? Are they worthwhile? Anything else I should know or be aware of?

All info would be very helpful. Thank you!

1. Ask
  2. Cashback
16 Comments

Quidco and Topcashback are the two major players. I would suggest registering with both and checking which pays the highest amount before you make each purchase.

Personally I've had good and bad experiences with both but I tend to prefer Topcashback overall. Just remember that cashback is never guaranteed.

Usually Quidco and Topcashback are ok to use, depends on what cash back rates are offered.

I'm registered with both. only recently registered with TCB when quidco crashed Black Friday. Not had great experience so far - my purchases have only tracked 2 out of 5 times. Annoying. Based on that I prefer quidco

Topcashback is the easiest to use. I also use imutual.co.uk They are quite small so I'd be careful about leaving too much money in your account. I use them for Ebay purchases as they give you more cashback than anyone else. You also get shares in the website on top of the cashback but I am cynical about them ever being worth anything

Quidco, although very slightly lower cashback, are more reliable than TopCashBack. I've had a few TCB errors and had to chase them up several times to try to get payments. Quidco are more likely to track and pay.

I find tcb to track better than quidco but iv prob had £1000 total cash back over the years remember to disable any addblockers you have first. It's usually the biggest cash backs you have to chase up o2 EE bt anything like that. Smaller payouts normally always pay up.

Tcb

Quidco for me, mainly good but have lost out a couple of time,

TCB for me,,,always...quidco had probs with

Imutual for me. Cashback and a community feel with very active forums. Excellent personalised customer.service when I do have a rare query, competitive rates and a cashback guarantee as well. I only use other sites when the excellent imutual does not list a merchant. Not to forget the possibility to earn shares in the company as well.

drahcir54

Imutual for me. Cashback and a community feel with very active forums. … Imutual for me. Cashback and a community feel with very active forums. Excellent personalised customer.service when I do have a rare query, competitive rates and a cashback guarantee as well. I only use other sites when the excellent imutual does not list a merchant. Not to forget the possibility to earn shares in the company as well.

I agree with the above - I used both the "top two" extensively and from the very beginning (when Quidco called itself a 'cashback cooperative'). But both have become impersonal big businesses and stripped back all the "community" aspects. I was recommended imutual and found it was what I wanted - and there are still people on the other end! Plus the cashback guarantee gives some protection and confidence that you'll actually see a result in your bank account...... oh, and there' no "tiered" membership either, it's free.

By all means try the other two - I also sometimes use them if there's no offer from imutual - but do try imutual .... it might be what you're looking for.

Edited by: "macliam" 1st Jan

Imutual for me.
They pay more than the big 2 on a lot of sites and have a Cashback Guarantee.
Also the best ever customer service
I don't go anywhere else now

Hmm why do I get suspicious when two posters joined this site specifically to praise a relatively unknown cashback site. It's very transparent marketing

I'm sure they are good and competition for the two big market leaders has got to be a good thing. However many others have tried and failed to compete in the past. As commented above I would be wary of leaving too much money in your account.

Wise words, I always cashout weekly as there is no minimum cashout level. Lots of free daily clicks so am able to earn around 50p a day from those. The money soon mounts up. You feel suspicious. All I can say to that is try it if you feel the need, if you don't then continue with whatever you do now. We all have have a choice.

Edited by: "drahcir54" 4th Jan

fabsaver

Hmm why do I get suspicious when two posters joined this site … Hmm why do I get suspicious when two posters joined this site specifically to praise a relatively unknown cashback site. It's very transparent marketing :|I'm sure they are good and competition for the two big market leaders has got to be a good thing. However many others have tried and failed to compete in the past. As commented above I would be wary of leaving too much money in your account.

I'm not exactly a newbie here - I've been using imutual for over 3 years and redeemed over £900, so if you're happy to stick with the big two, so be it, but I'd recommend imutual to anyone. I usually cash out at about £20-30, but that's just habit.

I started using imutual when the "big 2" effectively killed off any kind of "community" and/or forums - and after a fairly disastrous spate of declined and extended transactions. Everybody starts off comparing imutual to the "big 2" rate for rate and that's swings and roundabouts - but I don't notice the "big 2" matching the cashback guarantee on many imutual transactions, despite the vast profits they make.

The downside, if you see it as a downside, is that imutual is relatively small, so matching the clout of the "big 2" is always a struggle. You won't see much publicity for the "other" cashback sites - MSE now only talk about the "big 2" (I wonder if that has anything to do with their marketing budget?) and imutual doesn't get a mention. It's just big business closing down the opposition. However, for me, the pluses with imutual far outweigh the minuses.

Oh - and yes, I'm a shareholder in imutual - ALL members are (unless they specifically reject it). The "shares" come in addition to cashback and mean there is an annual meeting (virtual) where the CEO answers questions, etc. Let's see Quidco and TCB match that!

By all means be careful - "look before you leap" ...... but also remember not to "look a gift horse in the mouth"!!
Edited by: "macliam" 4th Jan

DEFINATELY NOT SHOPITIZE, THEY USED TO BE GOOD, NOW THEY ARE THE BIGGEST FRAUDSTERS AND HAVE BLOCKED THOUSANDS OF ACCOUNTS AND KEPT THE MONEY TO SPEND ON THEIR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63667
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines21
    3. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    4. win free cash32

See more discussions