What colour is your hall, landing and stairs ??

Found 16th Oct 2011
Hi, I have been very impulsive today and gone out and bought carpeting.
I love colour around the house and was wondering if creams and browns were still the most popular !!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

I am doing mine soon and going to have a light green this time (That's if the wife don't change her mind again X) )

I like a minimal look and have plain cream walls for hall, stairs and landing and just had a new carpet fitted last week which is brown/beige/cream .

Magnolia over Mushroom.

I like Tikka Massala

I have cherry red

Banned

I don't have any stairs

Magnolia walls, brown/beige speckly carpet, white gloss wood.

shopstilldrops

I like a minimal look and have plain cream walls for hall, stairs and … I like a minimal look and have plain cream walls for hall, stairs and landing and just had a new carpet fitted last week which is brown/beige/cream .

Minimal for me too. I used the same large tile throughout the house running into each room 80x80, gallery white walls everywhere, the only colour on walls are two in my daughters room (Mademoiselle pink & gallery white) Oak doors white walls, black and white theme throughout the house , touches of shiny grey, and bright red. I do actually have OCD, so I don’t do carpet, tiled floors are a must for cleaning, but I am never happy and constantly change my house, I love interior design though but can be a little obsessive about it though.

So a simple answer is a gallery white in my hall, or a mid sheen white. Depends on the style of house though, I don’t think you would get away with white throughout a traditional house.

White silk walls, beige stair carpet, dark wood effect kardean in the hall.

our is in endurance paint in cream, worth paying a bit extra with three small sets of hand prints going up it! wipes clean everytime!

Banned

Black. Like my heart.

Original Poster

Thanks all, I am going for beige and cream walls with speckled brown, beige and cream carpet.
Don't want to be behind the times. Still seams a popular choice though.

Mine are cream, with a couple of small walls in a lime green, with beige carpet

Oak staircase. Magnolia walls.

my cave is rock colour

Soon to have this on the wall

http://lavenderhouse.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5506cde798834010536dc76bb970b-320wi

Original Poster

ade2j

I think that is gorgeous !!

Tanya

I think that is gorgeous !!

Me too, our local chinese has something similar.

My gran too.

My walls are cream. Terracotta carpet on stairs and dark oak flooring in hallway. I have stained glass windows and the red of the carpet matches the pattern in the glass.

Original Poster

Shellywelly

My walls are cream. Terracotta carpet on stairs and dark oak flooring in … My walls are cream. Terracotta carpet on stairs and dark oak flooring in hallway. I have stained glass windows and the red of the carpet matches the pattern in the glass.

My carpets are terracotta now, and look nice and warm and homely, but are very tired. That is why they need replacing. Worried brown and cream will appear cold...

ade2j

[img]rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/76/Vera_duckworth.jpg/200px-Vera_duckworth.jpg[/img]
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions