What did you do on your baby's first birthday?

Found 25th Mar 2009
My daughter's birthday is still quite a while away but i was thinking of what to do. I don't think there is much point in a party so i was thinking of taking her to an aquarium, would have been the zoo but her birthday is in october. What did you do for your baby's birthday?

1. Misc
  2. Baby
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Baby
19 Comments

Banned

on my daughters 1st birthday she was christened as it fell on a sunday, so had a joint birthday/christening party, my sons we just had family over and had a little bit of a party

Banned

just ignore it. they won't remember, so its inherently pointless.

For my sons (now 5) we did a family party/tea on the Sunday and then took him to the Zoo on the Monday (his actual day). His birthday's September and the zoo's not too bad, just have to wrap up warm lol
My little girls 3 now and did similar thing for her but she was in bed most of it as unwell :roll:
Hope u have a lovely day :thumbsup:

vibeone;4732923

just ignore it. they won't remember, so its inherently pointless.

harsh but true .......

normally people do a family tea, ( we did). But if you got money to burn those indoor soft play areas are fab. Just recently started taking our son 15 months to one he loves it. Makes daddy take him down big boys slide over and over ( the 20 ft one) or w/e it is from the roof to the floor

pub?....

too young for the zoo. family gathering and get her loads of stuff.

We just had all the family over and had a bbq.

Banned

I'd hope on your babys first birthday you were giving birth :w00t:

just a small party at home

We have the same dilemma, its little 1s 1st bday in 2 wks, we're gonna have a party on the sunday, but his actual birthday is on the monday and not sure where to take him!

We took my little girl to the zoo, she loved it . she is lucky as her birthday is in summer so we had a lovely hot day x

on my daughters first birthday she had a party at the local soft play centre and then we went back to ours for a tea party where we had everyone come round and then the next day we took her to the aquarium. I think its important for your memories too. I have added into it into a lovely scrapbook and photo album of my daughters 1st party...after all it only happens once

i think the nicest first birthday we had was just a relaxed family gathering. plenty of other kiddies running round to keep baby happy and a group of adults sittin chatting.

By their third birthday they are far more interested in presents and trips out. Til then its more of a celebration for you than them xxx

I don't have a child of my own, but i do have a nephew that i love as much as a father would love his own son.
He is 20 months old, and his second birthday is coming up in August.
On his first birthday we had the family around, had lots of fun. Everyone brought there kids around. So it was a great first birthday for my nephew.
Its always good to have the family around.

Went for a photo shoot and then had a little party tea, just the 3 of us.

Original Poster

LFC Muppet;4735488

Went for a photo shoot and then had a little party tea, just the 3 of us.

Thanks i like the idea of a photoshoot :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;4735091

i think the nicest first birthday we had was just a relaxed family … i think the nicest first birthday we had was just a relaxed family gathering. plenty of other kiddies running round to keep baby happy and a group of adults sittin chatting. By their third birthday they are far more interested in presents and trips out. Til then its more of a celebration for you than them xxx

I agree which i why i'm looking to do something she might enjoy.

We went to chester Zoo for my little ones birthday on the day then went out to pizza express with the family at the weekend - she had a great time and so did we without wasting a fortune on a party she won't remember. Means I have an extra excuse to spoil her wrotten for her 2nd though!

Don't know London so can't really suggest anywhere though sorry!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771752
    3. Sky VIP free tickets alert77
    4. Brexit: Euro zone economy set for best year in a decade as UK registers wor…1324

See more discussions