What do CEX class as bulk selling? And what discounted price do they give as a result?

Found 15th Aug 2012
Hi,

I know a lot of people on HUKD often bulk buy and resell to CEX. Its common knowledge. I've never personally done it, but I see people on HUKD doing it all of the time.

For those that have done it, how many items do CEX class a bulk selling? And as a result, what discounted price do they offer? is it say 90%, 80% or whatever. How does it work?

I'm not looking to bulk buy from retailers and sell on to CEX. It's more hassle than its worth (In my opinion) however, my work have a number of old mobile phones they used to issue to staff as company phones (in the region of 50+) which they would like to get rid of. CEX are offering the best recycling price. The phones are not new, more like the old nokias and fetch about 10 quid each. So what prices would they give? And how do you suggest working around it?

For example, could we just take 5 in per store per weeks or something and not be subject to bulk pricing. Would they even take 50 in? And what price would they give as a result? Could do some instore, some online etc.

Any advice? Anyone 'in the know' or work at CEX?

Thank you
Community Updates
MiscPrice Glitch
14 Comments
Phone them?
dbhoy

Phone them?

They have over 50 phones to use also.
condracky

They have over 50 phones to use also.

Haha very true
We may also reduce the price if the quantity being sold by a customer of an identical item exceeds two [2] units within a period of one [1] month.

Can I sell multiples of the same item?
Prices displayed on our website are offered on the basis that you are selling in one of each item, and the value offered is honoured for the time period shown of 5 working days for us to receive your goods. If you wish to sell multiple copies your order may be classed as a bulk buy, as such these items may be subject to a price change. If this happens you will be contacted by email, informing you of what change will be made to the value of each item sent and you will have 5 working days to respond. Failure to respond will be seen as your agreement to accept the new value offered. (This will slow down your payment for goods and it is in your best interest to agree to or refute the price offered as soon as you receive the email to avoid delay in payment.)

Any discount applied will be limited to being no lower than the current listed CeX Sell-To price of the item at the point of receipt of your goods.

uk.webuy.com/hel…php
I've already seen that and have emailed them. However, no reply as of yet. Would phone them, but they have no phone number displayed. Asked in my local store and they have no idea.
nobody have any ideas?
5 items isn't bulk, 6 items is. Add 6 things to sell to cex to get a message to prove
Don't know what the reduced is though. Never done more than 5
I'll buy them.
Jasonl1599

5 items isn't bulk, 6 items is. Add 6 things to sell to cex to get a … 5 items isn't bulk, 6 items is. Add 6 things to sell to cex to get a message to prove

Thanks. Been told by a few people its 5.
instore its 9 a day, per store, per item.
Your allowed 9 of the same phone a month and 5 at a time of the same make or mixed

spitroast
My brother has 7bags worth of items to sell at cex tomorrow will that accept all of the bags? (Crazy I know)
Babygirl90

My brother has 7bags worth of items to sell at cex tomorrow will that … My brother has 7bags worth of items to sell at cex tomorrow will that accept all of the bags? (Crazy I know)

Yes, depending on condition...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants