Groups
    EXPIRED

What do I need for my static caravan?

I've just bought my first static caravan and was wondering what things other people who have caravans recommend I get.

Apart from cutlery, duvets and electrical goods, what other stuff should I get?

Thanks

23 Comments

52 inch 3D TV, Bose sound system and a microwave.

How about deck chairs, BBQ, out door types of good ?

Rick
    Edited by: "RickT" 8th Apr 2011

electrical insulators

Smoke alarms, everything else you find out in time. I'm off to mine in the morning, happy caravanning!

Books and board games

Wheels?

Banned

we have a tv in each of the bedrooms and a larger one in the living room, decking all around the front and down one side with chairs, a bench, umbrella and a bbq

small shed on the other side for the lawnmower and a garden box under the decking for fishing gear/folded beach chairs

just get less of what you have at home, vacuum, as mentioned a microwave, coffee machine, radio/ipod dock, dvd/blu-ray player, wine rack, xbox, some outdoor games, hose to clean the outside

make sure you get it fly treated(dont know how, they did it when i wasnt there) as a couple on our site haven't been treated and have been covered in them

Fire extinguisher, fire blanket, insurance and burglar alarm.

Possibly some electric heaters for the colder months.

Mower/strimmer electrical extension lead.

Gas service on boiler/fire/oven.

Electric blanket for the beds.

Medicines.

Internet access.

Umbrella & waterproof coats.

Phone chargers.

Double adapters.

Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms.

Up at ours now in Bridlington.

Banned

pics please

Essential add-ons are a beer cellar, a games room, & a sauna.

shergold

pics please

What of me in bed?.

Wife just reminded me that you need a tool box also.

Vac bags if your going to store any bedding over winter.

Fleecy blanket to cuddle with in front of the tv.

Microwave.

Storage shed.

Blackout curtains if not already fitted.

pedastal fan incase we ever get a summer.

Large carry bag to take stuff to and from the van.

Flask and cool bag. We use the cool bag to take stuff from home and vise versa.

A company to drain down the van at winter.

An earing and a tattoo?

Banned

A company to drain down the van at winter.

this is probably the most important thing to make sure you do, someone i know didn't bother to do this and it resulted in some rather nasty puddles of crap under his caravan

Lefty

An earing and a tattoo?

Depends where its sited.

Luke

A company to drain down the van at winter.this is probably the most … A company to drain down the van at winter.this is probably the most important thing to make sure you do, someone i know didn't bother to do this and it resulted in some rather nasty puddles of crap under his caravan

Yes, if it freezes it can cause damage to the boiler, thermostatic showers and taps etc. Ours froze last winter before the drain down company got to it. Luckily only a couple of hundred pounds to sort it out and the insurance company paid up.

gavjbrown

[quote=Lefty] An earing and a tattoo?

Depends where its sited.

I know what you mean though, we stayed at a site last year and it was a grim.

Sandals and white socks.

i was guna suggest a bbq!! and some patio furniture for outside

Banned

patio heater....quite nice for staying out after the chill drops in the late evening.

and some moisture bags to soak up the condensation when it's locked up.

Some solar powered lights as a back up.

A first aid kit and believe it or not a torch.

Static electric

Pegs, or a clothes horse,

Bet you wish you had never asked , this list will cost you a fortune

Original Poster

The more advice, the better.

For years I've fancied one. A friend of mine has one and often we would take the kids with us and all meet up.

We'd have a day in Tenby and in the evening we would a BBQ with a few beers. The kids would all play together in the surrounding fields while the adults would all have a chat and a laugh around the BBQ.

Banned

Shakey Mic

The more advice, the better.For years I've fancied one. A friend of mine … The more advice, the better.For years I've fancied one. A friend of mine has one and often we would take the kids with us and all meet up. We'd have a day in Tenby and in the evening we would a BBQ with a few beers. The kids would all play together in the surrounding fields while the adults would all have a chat and a laugh around the BBQ.

ours is in tenby, less than 20 seconds walk to the beach, can't beat it

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767259
    2. word association Game73944482
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
    4. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214

See more discussions