what do I need with a PS3

I've bought a Playstation 3 for my hubby with the Move starter pack, also bought a few move games I just want to make sure we can plug and play on xmas day. Do I need anything else? I've got a HD tv, I'm wondering what cables I might need or are they in the box? Also what other items would you recommend?

13 Comments

HDMI cable. Oh and if you pay over £5 you're paying too much for one.

You don't "need" anything else, but I recommend you pick up a HDMI lead for the TV.
If you can open the box, then charge the controller.

You will need a hdmi cable to connect your ps3 to the tv with - the only thing you dont get in the box. Also only get 1 joypad so if wanting to play 2 player games with friends coming round then you will need to buy a 2nd one.

Banned

must have game is Battle field 2 .. thriving community on here play and a great laugh too

headset

and second telly for you.. so OH can play BF2 over crimbo

PSeye an buzz.

shanecr

PSeye an buzz.

PSeye is already included in the Move starter pack.

Original Poster

dog_cop

must have game is Battle field 2 .. thriving community on here play and a … must have game is Battle field 2 .. thriving community on here play and a great laugh tooheadset and second telly for you.. so OH can play BF2 over crimbo

Hmmmmm makes mental note NOT to buy that game

Buzz is defo worth a shout or Singstar?

Banned

eclairlou

Hmmmmm makes mental note NOT to buy that game

your sacked

Echoing comments already made, you should definitely get a HDMI cable and an additional controller (if planning 2 player games).

If you intend to watch blu rays/dvd's on it it would also be a good idea to get the blu ray remote...

One of these

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/images/PS3_XCM_Cross_Battle_Adapter_2.jpg

I find a USB extension cable very useful, you can find them for a couple of pounds or less (I paid 79p for a 3m one).
Basically my USB charge lead supplied with the PS3 wasn't very long so when your controller battery needs recharging but you still wish to play so unless you sit close to the TV, you're stuffed.
Edited by: "[email protected]" 18th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Thanks, I've got Singstar from the PS2 which I believe are now the only games that you can also play on a PS3. I will get a HDMI cable plus extra controllers and an extension lead for charging.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846127
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2185
    3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407226
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?1120

See more discussions