What do mince pies taste like?

Found 19th Dec 2011
Community Updates
Misc
25 Comments
Try one.
Wasn't you leaving the site or something?
fruity, spicy, nom. i could eat far too many of them for my own good.
master_chief

Wasn't you leaving the site or something?

Me?
eyes
JonnyTwoToes

Me?

You've already left and come back like me, I meant OP.
Sweet and fruity.
Not like mince!
Like Christmas pudding with a shortcrust pastry!
They taste like Christmas.
They taste like poo

Please send them all to me at:

address removed
I always buy them at Christmas just to eat the butter pastry , hate the fillings.....oO
Like victory!
Mince.
Sounds disgusting but if anyone has a tub of the filling try putting it on bread and then into a toastie machine. Tastes lovely.
Buy some stolen ones and sell them to someone in the usa if you don't like them
Like chicken.
Mince but in a pie..oO
Mince pie-y.
Mince pies are lush!

Picture it...

A small pie held in your hand. Take it out of the foil tray, put the tray down on the table so you hear it...ting!
Move the pie to your mouth and take a large bite out of the pie.
The smooth butter pastry will crumble in your mouth (and out of it!), it will have a hint of sweetness in it. Not too much mind!
Start chewing and you will then feel soft plump raisins, some candied peel that give a sharp, citrus flavour. You may then taste some cranberry, or cherry for that yummy goodness. You will also be able to feel the crunch from the nuts inside too (Almonds mostly) All this is smothered in a sticky, sweet, christmassy spice which compliments the pastry very well.
Warmed mince pies, covered in cream is the best way to eat them!

Once you have eaten it, take the foil tray, put it to your mouth (leave a small gap around the edge) and start talking like Punch from Punch & Judy so the tray vibrates.

Thats the way to do it!
Hissy Miss

Sounds disgusting but if anyone has a tub of the filling try putting it … Sounds disgusting but if anyone has a tub of the filling try putting it on bread and then into a toastie machine. Tastes lovely.

Sounds interesting. I may just give this a go.
birdyboyuk

Once you have eaten it, take the foil tray, put it to your mouth (leave a … Once you have eaten it, take the foil tray, put it to your mouth (leave a small gap around the edge) and start talking like Punch from Punch & Judy so the tray vibrates.Thats the way to do it!

Now I need to buy some just to try this
Just had nice ones I made with puff pastry served hot with brandy butter flavour Kellys clotted cream Ice cream, they was le testicules de chien
Originally made with beef.
not bad really, bit booring mind u have had about 200 allready this year X)
Edited by: "JACKIT99" 19th Dec 2011

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants