Expired

What do people think of this elliptical cross trainer?

Found 24th Mar 2014
I've been looking around for a decent quality cross trainer and have been thinking of buying the JTX Smart Stride 21 Variable Elliptical Cross Trainer, it can be found at the following link:

amazon.co.uk/JTX…_26

What do people think of it? Anyone had anything from JTX before, if so what are they like?

I was going to post this item up on the main page as a deal, but despite all the good reviews (anyone think they could be fake reviews??) it will more than likely get shot down in flames being £699.

Looking at camelcamelcamel it has been mainly priced at £599, but I don't know if I can wait for it to drop as I'm looking for something pretty soon.

If folk think it is not a good one to go for, any ideas for a good one in a similar price range?

16 Comments

Banned

That way you can get out of the house and not have reason to blow out exercising

Not to mention the £700 could get you a gym membership anywhere for a year / two!

You could join a gym for as little as £10.99 per month depending where you live in the country. However, if you are set on buying a cross trainer, may I recommend that you pick up a reconditioned commercial piece of equipment. It will last for many years and they are more robust than there home version counterparts.

I think home gym equipment is a good idea particularly if you are not looking at cheap rubbish. This cross trainer looks good quality but don't like the two year guarantee. Even John Lewis own cross trainer at £549 has a five year guarantee. Some companies offer longer. If you use it regularly you may welcome that.
If I were spending that much I would want to try it out to get the feel of it. Very important imo. Do you have a place near you to try any out?
If you did want to get this buy direct and get free chest strap etc and interest free credit. jtxfitness.com/cro…ner

Original Poster

Yeah that one seems to be good. I wish there was a showroom near me where I could try them out.

Thing I like about that JTX one is it has a changeable stride length of 17-21'' for a varied workout.

alferone

Yeah that one seems to be good. I wish there was a showroom near me where … Yeah that one seems to be good. I wish there was a showroom near me where I could try them out.Thing I like about that JTX one is it has a changeable stride length of 17-21'' for a varied workout.

Do you have alot of experience of using them? ie used different ones at gyms or owned them yourself? Why are you buying one? Is it your only form of exercise to give you variety? So many questions to ask ...

Banned

I wouldn't recommend a cross trainer, they don't really work anything. You can easy use one for 1 hour and not break up a sweat.

A exercise bike is a far better option IMO, that or a treadmill.

thegym have memberships from £10.99/month so you should consider that too

hukdealz

I wouldn't recommend a cross trainer, they don't really work anything. … I wouldn't recommend a cross trainer, they don't really work anything. You can easy use one for 1 hour and not break up a sweat.A exercise bike is a far better option IMO, that or a treadmill.thegym have memberships from £10.99/month so you should consider that too

It depends on your level of fitness. I agree there is nothing like an hour running outside but some aren't up to that. I can be on a cross trainer for hours and do so every day while commenting on my tablet I have a bike too and that is no better than a cross trainer and gives you rough skin! Running is the only form of exercise that tires me out.

Original Poster

I would have got a treadmill but I live in a flat, and the impact of running on a treadmill in a flat can disturb people in the flat below... don't want to get an asbo lol. So the next best thing in a cross trainer as it is low impact and causes less of a disturbance.

Can't you run outside? Cross trainers are good when it's raining or if you want to multi task watching telly and surfing the net etc I wouldn't pay £700 on one though.
Edited by: "redhot999" 24th Mar 2014

Original Poster

Nah don't really run outside.

700 is a bit steep, but from what I've read you get what you pay for with cross trainers so might be worth it. Good health is priceless at the end of the day

alferone

Nah don't really run outside. 700 is a bit steep, but from what I've read … Nah don't really run outside. 700 is a bit steep, but from what I've read you get what you pay for with cross trainers so might be worth it. Good health is priceless at the end of the day

Yeah but best to get a £700 cross trainer at half price rather than full price oO

Original Poster

This is another one I was considering:

fitness-superstore.co.uk/sta…tml

But again the issue here could be with the stride length. The main benefit with the JTX adjustable is that it can be changed to a stride that suits the person and what type of work out is desired. If I had a fitness superstore near mean me would be great, they have a nice range.

alferone

This is another one I was … This is another one I was considering:http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/standard_elliptical_trainers/nordictrack_e11_incline_elliptical_cross_trainer/14116_p.htmlBut again the issue here could be with the stride length. The main benefit with the JTX adjustable is that it can be changed to a stride that suits the person and what type of work out is desired. If I had a fitness superstore near mean me would be great, they have a nice range.

Op are you over 6 foot? If you read the review I linked to above it did say the 17" stride length was OK unless really tall over 6 foot.

Original Poster

Yeah read that.

What is the best way on buying a product in terms of getting money back if there is a problem with it? Paypal? Credit Card? Or will debit card through paypal be ok?

alferone

Yeah read that.What is the best way on buying a product in terms of … Yeah read that.What is the best way on buying a product in terms of getting money back if there is a problem with it? Paypal? Credit Card? Or will debit card through paypal be ok?

Section 75 cover with credit card if over £100. If worried about returns buy from John Lewis!
Edited by: "redhot999" 25th Mar 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions