Groups
    EXPIRED

What do users think if they could delete their own posts on HUKD ?

So I posted a double deal by accident and had to ask an admin on here to delete the deal no biggy as I know some admins via the mail box, but what about if the developers of HUKD added a feature where the original poster of the deal could delete their own post but with a reason of course such as double deals and what not, as some people would then post a deal and it would go cold dont like it then delete it but if you had a valid reason such as double deal and then it could pop up on admins as a notification then they could accept it then done...it may help the admins in there double deal work and make life easier for both parties. But I would like to know if other users on here have thought the same ? I know some admins are on it like team rocket and are good at deleting double deals but some of the doubles they cant always see or takes a while such as my last post....so what does everyone think ?

13 Comments

Not a good idea. A lot of people would delete their deal if it went cold to avoid the shame
    Leave it to the mods, it's their job.

Original Poster

rev6

Not a good idea. A lot of people would delete their deal if it went cold … Not a good idea. A lot of people would delete their deal if it went cold to avoid the shame :)Leave it to the mods, it's their job.

I did put this in there 'but if you had a valid reason such as double deal and then it could pop up on admins as a notification then they could accept it'

But still thanks for feedback

rev6

Not a good idea. A lot of people would delete their deal if it went cold … Not a good idea. A lot of people would delete their deal if it went cold to avoid the shame :)Leave it to the mods, it's their job.

I think that answers the question nicely.

I think its a good idea

would be OK if a time limit of a couple of minutes was put on for instance if a spelling mistake was made and you didn't notice till after it was posted.

furbars

would be OK if a time limit of a couple of minutes was put on for … would be OK if a time limit of a couple of minutes was put on for instance if a spelling mistake was made and you didn't notice till after it was posted.

What are the reasons to delete a deal apart from finding out it's a duplicate post or that it's not really a good deal. These things can be checked before creating It.
    Edited by: "rev6" 11th Dec 2014

Original Poster

rev6

What are the reasons to delete a deal apart from finding out it's a … What are the reasons to delete a deal apart from finding out it's a duplicate post or that it's not really a good deal. These things can be checked before creating It.

Sometimes when searching for it, it doesn't always come up for me

brad25577

In that case you could report it yourself. Duplicate deals aren't allowed (if they are missed).

Original Poster

rev6

In that case you could report it yourself. Duplicate deals aren't allowed … In that case you could report it yourself. Duplicate deals aren't allowed (if they are missed).

Ok so who and how would you report it too i know of 2 admins in my messages i can message and report the link but could take longer to resolve and yeah i understand about the duplicate deals been here for a while

brad25577

Ok so who and how would you report it too i know of 2 admins in my … Ok so who and how would you report it too i know of 2 admins in my messages i can message and report the link but could take longer to resolve and yeah i understand about the duplicate deals been here for a while

Click "Report/Spam" below each OP, click other, and enter an explanation.

brad25577

True, the search functionality is not the best to be fair!

What would be the point of keeping a cold deal on here? We are here for good deals so what if the poster deletes it when he realises by comments that it isn't good. Allow it it first of all as long as no comments or votes have gone on, unless anyone comes up with a good reason for it to be removed then allow the ability permanently

rev6

Click "Report/Spam" below each OP, click other, and enter an explanation.

This is the correct method OP. You don't have to message an admin/mod, just do as rev6 has said above, and for the explanation just type "duplicate deal, please remove". This alerts the mods/admins and they will look into it and remove it asap if needed.

Edited by: "DealHunter_" 11th Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844471
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?816
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911

See more discussions