what do ya slap your foundation on with

Banned
Dont wear it often but have always used a sponge, but decided to try a brush and gawd its hard work, i looked lovely after, as pretty as a picture

well an oil painting with lots of brush strokes

38 Comments

Banned

My fingers

usually use a cement mixer, wheelbarrow and sloppy cement

http://joskinusa.com/images/muck_spreader.jpg

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8091694

My fingers

i just ending up rubbing it in like a moisturiser and look no different
compo;8091697

usually use a cement mixer, wheelbarrow and sloppy cement

are we still talking face foundation here :w00t:

Fingers

Banned

don't like girls that wear loads of makeup gets all on my shirts n stuff :-(

i dont wear any, ever

think maybe i should start :lol:

Original Poster Banned

starsparkle2311;8091725

Sass you mentioned pics, where are they?

i so never did :w00t:

You getting dolled up at midnight??

Gentleman caller or just a hardcore clubber??

Original Poster Banned

loupomm;8091726

i dont wear any, everthink maybe i should start :lol:

i only wear it if i go to town or on a night out, and cant wait to take it off, but to fugly to go without it

i dont wear make up normally as i am naturally beautifull! lol
i put on bronzing pearls with a brush as i dont like stuff scraped on my face!

Original Poster Banned

wulshaz;8091737

i dont wear make up normally as i am naturally beautifull! loli put on … i dont wear make up normally as i am naturally beautifull! loli put on bronzing pearls with a brush as i dont like stuff scraped on my face!

i am far to pale for that, tried it once and it looked awful :oops:

Depends what sort of foundation it is:

Loose: brush.
Liquid: dabbing with a finger, then rubbing in.
Stick: well rub on and then fingers/sponge to blend.

I always use a concealer stick first, it acts as a base and the liquid/loose applys better for me.

I mix foundation with moisturiser goes on a lot better, something like loreal illuminating moisturiser

then rub in like moisturiser, then top it up with powder

i only ever wear a bit of eyeliner and a tad of lippy if going out, i'd look like a drag queen with full make up on cos id not know where to start

Original Poster Banned

Lulu'sMammy;8091750

Depends what sort of foundation it is:Loose: brush.Liquid: dabbing with a … Depends what sort of foundation it is:Loose: brush.Liquid: dabbing with a finger, then rubbing in.Stick: well rub on and then fingers/sponge to blend.I always use a concealer stick first, it acts as a base and the liquid/loose applys better for me.

its liquid and everyone raves about brushing and the women at clinique keeps telling me to use a brush and daughter uses a brush so thought ide give it a go, not the sort of oil painting i wanted to look like :oops:

sassie;8091743

i am far to pale for that, tried it once and it looked awful :oops:

try illuminating powder mixed with bronzer to tone it down a bit

Original Poster Banned

ilovepink;8091768

try illuminating powder mixed with bronzer to tone it down a bit

i canna do powder, my skin screams at me for that

Banned

sassie;8091712

i just ending up rubbing it in like a moisturiser and look no different:

Maybe you need a darker colour :thumbsup:

Liquid or mouse I use palms of my hands slap it on and then go over with pose powder with a big brush x

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8091795

Maybe you need a darker colour :thumbsup:

i am to pale skinned for any darker, i also like a pretty natural look so nothing heavy, think maybe go back to sponge or maybe give it another few tries maybe i will get better, well i can but hope :oops:

cant you go to a cosmetic counter get them to do a few goes for free

i know mac and benefit counters do show you what make up looks like on you before you buy it, my freind used to work on the benefit counter

Get a freebie makeover at a department store. They should be able to give you some tips and samples to try.

Original Poster Banned

i wear clinique so have been matched and shown how to use it, it looks great when she does it, but not when i did it with a brush, just wondered what others used

sassie;8091831

i wear clinique so have been matched and shown how to use it, it looks … i wear clinique so have been matched and shown how to use it, it looks great when she does it, but not when i did it with a brush, just wondered what others used

maybe its just a case of practice makes perfect:)

Original Poster Banned

ilovepink;8091839

maybe its just a case of practice makes perfect:)

or maybe practise may help - lol

Banned

sassie;8091809

i am to pale skinned for any darker, i also like a pretty natural look so … i am to pale skinned for any darker, i also like a pretty natural look so nothing heavy, think maybe go back to sponge or maybe give it another few tries maybe i will get better, well i can but hope :oops:

You could have a little makeover in debenhams etc...

You might get some tips :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8091868

You could have a little makeover in debenhams etc...You might get some … You could have a little makeover in debenhams etc...You might get some tips :thumbsup:

already had one, gonna go for the face lift next :w00t:

Banned

sassie;8091874

already had one, gonna go for the face lift next :w00t:

Did they not make you look pretty?

I am sure you don't need a face lift.

Original Poster Banned

DLM;8091882

Did they not make you look pretty?I am sure you don't need a face lift.

what like im not already, seesh :w00t:

like i say i just wondered what others use to put it on

Banned

sassie;8091889

what like im not already, seesh :w00t:like i say i just wondered what … what like im not already, seesh :w00t:like i say i just wondered what others use to put it on

Of course you are.

I just thought they might be the best people for advice.

Find it amazing no'1s mentioned using a trowel :?

I actually bought my first foundation today from the bodyshop, cost £15 wow, i did an exchange of something i didnt like so was looking at the make up area and the lady tried it on me it looked nice lol but then she said to buy the brush for £15 i dont think i will be using that foundation for a while!

I use fingertips then sponge to blend any bits that need it.
I too am like Casper the Ghost (more a shade of blue white lol) and wear make up every day !!

Sheena0104;8091814

Get a freebie makeover at a department store. They should be able to give … Get a freebie makeover at a department store. They should be able to give you some tips and samples to try.

I did that once....came out looking like a clown!! Never seen so much colour on one face:oops:

P.S. I use fingers but I use thicker type so it doesn't soak in like the runny liquid type:thumbsup:

sponge

bykergrove;8091721

don't like girls that wear loads of makeup gets all on my shirts n stuff … don't like girls that wear loads of makeup gets all on my shirts n stuff :-(

same here bud but gets all over mi groin:x

Original Poster Banned

tried brush again today and got on a little better, so deffo a practise might make it perfect, in maybe a few years unless i die in the meantime of course
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions