What do you guys think of Cryptos ....Bitcoins?

A great investment for me over the years and still HODLING.

What do you guys think of it

88 Comments

Too volatile, and when it starts to dive good luck shifting it. Oh and then there is the theft risk.

Huge risk for potential gains, not for me, but I can see the appeal for people wanting a 'get rich quick' investment.

Don't just look at bitcoin, There's quite a few Crypto currencies out there. Bitcoins been quite good for making money at the moment. A lot seems to be on the chines markets as they are looking to put there money in something else due to the yuan. I know it's up to over a $1000 dollars same as a couple of weeks ago, then had a massive drop of 160 or so drop over night. I think it may happen again.

How easy is it to get your bitcoin back into cash or into your bank I hear it's very hard

Some people on reddit claim to be Bitcoin millionaires having bought 1000's back in 2010 when they were a few pence!

I currently own 0.25 Bitcoin I bought over 18m ago and it has more than doubled in value as I've not spent it. I only purchased to rent a VPS and the site went under so never used it.

Banned

The best way to invest in Bitcoin is to keep well updated with the drugs aspect to it. When the most popular sites get shut down by the FBI etc the price of Bitcoin drops, and drops by quite alot. It takes about 5-6months for druggies to start trusting another site which becomes popular and in turn either gets shut down or the owners do a runner, kinda a never ending cycle. I remember when a site (Agora) went down, I invested £300 at about £170 a bitcoin, I can't remember when but I took it out when it reached £500 a coin. Keep track of drugs sites.

Also look at popular coins for minners, right now I am investing in PASCAL coin and Ethereum. Nothing will ever take out Bitcoin but right now there's no point in investing a penny in Bitcoin.

If you wanna get into mining then make your own rig and use R7 series GPU's and mine Pascal. I found that the GPU's don't really need to be fully working, rig has 7 R7 370 4gb and 4 of them have no display but when it comes to MH there's no issue's. I get about 1500-1900MH which is £15-18 a week mining Pasc.

PS: Sorry really tired and for some reason can't sleep, read it all wrong and thought ya was asking about investing in Bitcoin.
Edited by: "marmadukeis90" 3rd Feb

Sounds mental to me but then I'm very old.

deeky

Sounds mental to me but then I'm very old.

Don't be so hard on yourself deeky, you're not old.

Said no-one, ever.

I am also wondering how best to sell bitcoin

Try Localbitcoins to buy/sell, can pay/receive funds via cash/bank transfer. very easy

Original Poster

localbitcoins is the way or bitbargain. you sell within minutes.

Original Poster

its back to $1000. Id much rather take the risk that leave the money in my uk acc earning no interest. The potential is huge.

As Del boy once said

HE WHO DARES....WINS

put in only what you are willing to use, just like gambling but with underground bookies!

thevman2k3

localbitcoins is the way or bitbargain. you sell within minutes.

Thanks just shifted a bit

Original Poster

If you bought yday morning and sold evening per btc you would have made more than leaving the money in your bank for a year.

Original Poster

up $40 in the last 24-48 hours. more than 2 years of interest in that time.

Happy all time high bitcoiners!

treble99

Happy all time high bitcoiners!

I've had 1.5 for several years, remember being gutted I didn't sell in 2013 or whenever it was. Don't feel like selling right now though, if they fall to nothing I'm not too worried. I lost 3 more in mtgox though -_-

Rom

I've had 1.5 for several years, remember being gutted I didn't sell in … I've had 1.5 for several years, remember being gutted I didn't sell in 2013 or whenever it was. Don't feel like selling right now though, if they fall to nothing I'm not too worried. I lost 3 more in mtgox though -_-

1.5btc is pretty decent! I assume that once ppl really want bitcoin they will want at least one and there is only 21 million to go around, so you already have more than most ppl out there! I hear that the MtGox coins have been recovered somewhat and payout could be possible so fingers crossed for you!

Its a happy time for the industry right now, massive altcoin bubble incoming soon, so good luck to anyone mining/trading the alts

treble99

1.5btc is pretty decent! I assume that once ppl really want bitcoin they … 1.5btc is pretty decent! I assume that once ppl really want bitcoin they will want at least one and there is only 21 million to go around, so you already have more than most ppl out there! I hear that the MtGox coins have been recovered somewhat and payout could be possible so fingers crossed for you!Its a happy time for the industry right now, massive altcoin bubble incoming soon, so good luck to anyone mining/trading the alts

Thanks mate serious about mtgox? oO I gave up on that after it happened, have to take a look at that. I got 40 or so litecoins from back in the day too, they never worked out too well

Rom

Thanks mate serious about mtgox? oO I gave up on that after it happened, … Thanks mate serious about mtgox? oO I gave up on that after it happened, have to take a look at that. I got 40 or so litecoins from back in the day too, they never worked out too well

Yeah I don't want to get your hopes up too much but read a article recently about how Japanese Govt has recovered 200,000 or so btc and is in the process of redistributing them to claimants, I think you could only expect around 30% of any losses but better than nothing I guess, 1btc would be decent right now lol

Sorry to hear your loss on the litecoins lol you never know they could pump $4 is kinda cheap compared to its ath

missleading

My 7-year-old nephew asked for bitcoins for his birthday. It's been … My 7-year-old nephew asked for bitcoins for his birthday. It's been handy for transactions of a few hundred pounds, but banks would get nervous with higher amounts.

Haha awesome, Its cool to know that kids want to use it. I think one day money will be digital in some form like this but probably not bitcoin as you say the banks get nervous, I guess probably due on losing control of having their control in peoples money transactions and losing revenues

Original Poster

Awesome. Your nephew has a vision. You should be proud. Not the normal folk think about investments like bitcoin

Bitcoin needs Segwit, but the ETF will sky rocket it. I hold a substantial amount and will continue to hold. I expect 2k to be breached sometime this year.

Congratulations to everyone who invested and even took our advise on here. you would have made more money on it this year than leaving in a bank for 10 years. Says it all really.

Its the worlds most best performing currecncy 5 out of 6 years in a row, albeit one year it was the worst. But onwards an upwards

Whats your predictions?

Is it too late to invest? and how much money would you recommend?

david_wavid

Is it too late to invest? and how much money would you recommend?

It's not too late but it's highly risky. It could plunge to next to nothing just as easily. I wouldn't recommend it tbh.
Edited by: "Rom" 24th Feb

Original Poster

its never too late to invest, but you have to remember you are investing around the all time high. I see no reason for it too really go down now that its breached the ATH. That was always the big one, its broken it now it gains media attention. companies etc

happy new ath bitcoiners! DASH has gone crazy today, the bull run in alts is here gentlemen, may you all do well and heres to retiring of alt coins in a few years time
Edited by: "treble99" 1st Mar

treble99

happy new ath bitcoiners! DASH has gone crazy today, the bull run in alts … happy new ath bitcoiners! DASH has gone crazy today, the bull run in alts is here gentlemen, may you all do well and heres to retiring of alt coins in a few years time

Do you still mine?

Rom

Do you still mine?

Yeah I use Nicehash mainly, currently mining NRN and PDG, estimated market caps of around 20-30 btc for both so reckon they could 5-10x easily

treble99

Yeah I use Nicehash mainly, currently mining NRN and PDG, estimated … Yeah I use Nicehash mainly, currently mining NRN and PDG, estimated market caps of around 20-30 btc for both so reckon they could 5-10x easily

With GPUs or an ASIC or whatever box?

Rom

With GPUs or an ASIC or whatever box?

One can mine any algo on Nicehash

1 bitcoin is now worth more than 1 oz of gold

Original Poster

BOOM BOOM BOOM

Good times. now lets get to 2k.
I dont know about DASH could be a potential pump and dump. its been going down since yday and seen the same pattern many times

Original Poster

Haha. How many DASH do you hold. I been abserving since $8. I shuda sold my ltc for them. Would hve made a 100k as it stands

Original Poster

Is a masternode equivalent to 1000 dash?
Your holding 10000 dashcoins?
Wow

Original Poster

What do you see dash going up too?

I am collecting Ethereum

don't worry about a security get google authenticator on a wallet like localbitcoin, pretty much impossible to be hacked unless they have virus on your phone too

whelan189

don't worry about a security get google authenticator on a wallet like … don't worry about a security get google authenticator on a wallet like localbitcoin, pretty much impossible to be hacked unless they have virus on your phone too

Not really, hackers are now social engineering mobile providers, known a few guys get hacked who had 2fa because phone got compromised

I dont know if there is much interest from HUKD ppl who trade alt coins but can start up a trading thread for anyone who is?
Edited by: "treble99" 12th Mar

I think it would be a good idea. Might be safer and easier option for us relative newbies
Edited by: "Jacktheripper69" 12th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona2187
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1644
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6521244
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861853

See more discussions