Groups

What do you need when you first buy a wii

Hi everyone - HNY!
    I have heard you have to buy more controllers and memory
    I want get my OH a Wii for a birthday present but have no idea about wii!
    Thanks

14 Comments

Dont bother getting memory card

I would suggest wiiplay - it is around the same price as the remote on its own, but its a game with a remote included.

Other than games, thats it really

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;3935966

Dont bother getting memory cardI would suggest wiiplay - it is around the … Dont bother getting memory cardI would suggest wiiplay - it is around the same price as the remote on its own, but its a game with a remote included. Other than games, thats it really

Thanks
    So whats the sensor bar for?

yeah the memory cards are a waste of money as its all stored on the console itself

you only get 1 remote & nunchuk with it so if you want to play more than 1 player you will need extra remotes & for some games nunchuks. as kelly_o says wii play is the best option to get the extra remotes & if you want more than 1 extra remote i suggest getting extra wii plays & selling the games you don't want on ebay :thumbsup:

ijhawkins;3935978

ThanksSo whats the sensor bar for?

You get a sensor bar with the wii and it is what you aim the wii remote at

I wouldnt bother getting an extra nunchuck until you need one - we have had the wii just less than a year and still dont have an extra nunchuck

Supermod

About £179.99.

I needed to know the same a few months back. Have a read of ]THIS, it's quite useful. :thumbsup:

A reality check.

j/k, have fun

Original Poster

Thanks everyone thats great

...friends

Got a Wii with 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks and Wii sports plus Big Beach Games for £225 at Comet a couple of days ago, we have used everything already!! You need the nunchucks mainly for the boxing on these games and need 2 if you want to compete against each other! This is great fun, found I get great satisfaction knocking out my stroppy teenage daughter!!! :whistling:

...aching arms!

blondi1;3935981

yeah the memory cards are a waste of money as its all stored on the … yeah the memory cards are a waste of money as its all stored on the console itself

Incorrect. Some things for the Wii are a waste of money, a £3 memory card is not.

Banned

A TV would help too
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions