What do you not get if you go for Now TV and not Sky?

Found 2nd Jan
Ok several of us are looking to save money on sky subscriptions - ours is close to £90 just for the tv. If we somehow switch to now tv what can you not replicate? what would be different?

So, for example, can you buy access to box sets? is it in hd? If you have 4 tvs in a house and 3 people want to watch tv what do you do as I think it says only 2 can watch at once so what would the other 2 tvs show?

Also do you have to buy boxes for each of the tvs to view on?
Thanks very much.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Yes to box sets, don't think HD
If you want 4 people to watch TV all at the same time, then you would need two accounts. Basically double the price.
The newer boxes have free view if aerial connected to each TV.
They are deals on eBay for passes, but not tried myself.
You can buy a couple of months at a time. Currys and Argos for example

Original Poster

Does anyone on here have NOW TV - sounds really good on paper but in reality??l

fairy4 m ago

Does anyone on here have NOW TV - sounds really good on paper but in …Does anyone on here have NOW TV - sounds really good on paper but in reality??l

A big bill.

I have it with sky movies only because I needed a pass for now TV internet.

Does us fine for general tv anything else we want to watch either is by iptv or Netflix. No need for a big sky bill

fairy21 m ago

Does anyone on here have NOW TV - sounds really good on paper but in …Does anyone on here have NOW TV - sounds really good on paper but in reality??l

fairy21 m ago

I’ve had now tv for ages. Movies and entertainment. You have access to only a small amount of live tv channels but there are plenty of tv box sets and movies to choose from. I watch literally no live tv these days preferring to watch box sets or movies. I have my satellite setup as freesat so can watch freeview if I wanted to (but never do).

The now tv boxes are good but don’t allow prime or Netflix (I haven’t used one in a while as I bought a Roku 3 box so I can have all of them on the same device.

Nowtv let you have 4 devices attached to the account but I believe you can only from stream 2 at the same time.

For movies it has exactly the same LIVE movie channels as sky does plus MOD for entertainment it has very little of the LIVE channels sky does. So great and cheap for movies. It has a good kids section but that's mostly on-demand and cheapish per month. Sports however is very expensive on now tv.

as far as i am aware, you need good broadband speed as it is streaming rather than satellite. You dont have series link facility

HD is 720p, (or as near as) but can drop down if the Broadband speed isnt up to it, you can have up to 4 Devices per Account.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions