EXPIRED

What do you think about this PC build?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/use…V3C

I've already got the storage and OS. I'm going to be using it for gaming and general day to day work. Are there any improvements I can make or anything that I missed out?

14 Comments

Original Poster

Banned

I have the CPU cooler and can certainly recommend it.

I also have 1 stick of 8GB DDR3 RAM. Some may argue that you should get 2 x 4GB DDR3 for the 2-3% performance boost but it's up to you.

That PSU is overkill. There's really no reason to buy a motherboard like that unless you're overclocking and even then I've read that the haswell cpus dont overclock well. I bought a similar setup with a z87 motherboard and I have no use for it.

Maybe get a cheaper Motherboard/PSU/Case and spend the extra on a better graphics card? As that's all that really matters right now

Banned

Danielj88

I have the CPU cooler and can certainly recommend it.I also have 1 stick … I have the CPU cooler and can certainly recommend it.I also have 1 stick of 8GB DDR3 RAM. Some may argue that you should get 2 x 4GB DDR3 for the 2-3% performance boost but it's up to you.

what's the argument for this?

Banned

ewwaxo

what's the argument for this?

A slight performance boost.

tomshardware.com/rev…tml

Banned

Danielj88

A slight performance … A slight performance boost.http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/PARALLEL-PROCESSING,1705-3.html

edit edit : I get it now - only MB memory is 64-bit.

cool.

Edited by: "ewwaxo" 21st Jun 2014

Original Poster

Thanks guys!

Sanchit

Thanks guys!

So.... ????????????

Original Poster

ether707

So.... ????????????

I plan to get a second 770 sometime which is why I'm going for a gaming mobo and overkill PSU.

Original Poster

ether707

So.... ????????????

Also while we are on the topic, which case would you recommend? Mobo and PSU suggestions are also welcome

Sanchit

Also while we are on the topic, which case would you recommend? Mobo and … Also while we are on the topic, which case would you recommend? Mobo and PSU suggestions are also welcome

Looks like you don't even need help. Kinda pointless thread.

It's up to you whether you think a £50 increase across the CPU and mono for DRM-free parts plus the extra £25 for that cooler is worth it for a chance at a 10-20% CPU performance increase, and minor decrease in stability and reliability. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

Original Poster

ether707

Looks like you don't even need help. Kinda pointless thread.

I seriously would like any suggestions to make this a cheaper PC. I'm considering changing the case at the moment to something cheaper.

Original Poster

dxx

It's up to you whether you think a £50 increase across the CPU and mono … It's up to you whether you think a £50 increase across the CPU and mono for DRM-free parts plus the extra £25 for that cooler is worth it for a chance at a 10-20% CPU performance increase, and minor decrease in stability and reliability. Personally, I wouldn't bother.

The aim is to build a system that can handle games like The Witcher 3. With overclocking potential of the CPU, I don't have to worry about it bottlencking the GPU or multi GPU later on.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?12
    2. [Solved] How to use openreach modem with Asus RT-AC68U?524
    3. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)11
    4. Bed pillow recommendations44

See more discussions