What do you think of Funding pages?

Found 8th Aug 2017
I personally feel they are pushed to much nowadays when for most smaller charitys it should be done the old fashioned way, most websites take a 8.5% Chunk, I think when its something like charity 8.5% before the charity CEO take there slice is too much, what other options do people use, paypal gifts? bank transfer bit of nuisance
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Charities use funding sites because they offer a cheap, effective, and easy means to collect money. If it was advantageous to them to stick to the old methods, they'd still use them.
I don't give to charity.

Plus I prefer @FanPages
Edited by: "benjammin316" 8th Aug 2017
Original Poster
dxx3 m ago

Charities use funding sites because they offer a cheap, effective, and …Charities use funding sites because they offer a cheap, effective, and easy means to collect money. If it was advantageous to them to stick to the old methods, they'd still use them.

No I see this but like they really push it for just normally people who would be raising 300-400£, most people like us could just tell our friends to sound it via bank or paypal to have no fees, it looks pretty and all but I feel that doing charity fundraising is about getting as much money as possible, paying 8.5% for a page seems exessive
Original Poster
benjammin3163 m ago

I don't give to charity.Plus I prefer @FanPages

I don't really either sure I will in the future though
VirginMoney charity don't take commission however they do have a £250 upfront fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions