14 Comments

Upgrades:
Windows Xp Home Installled. - £60

^^^^^ think thats a bit steep myself

Original Poster

why? its £50 in shops!

i cant find cheaper!!!

Antj87

why? its £50 in shops!i cant find cheaper!!!

just my personal opinion but i wouldnt pay that

Antj87

why? its £50 in shops!i cant find cheaper!!!

u need 2 shop better lol

Original Poster

lol! well im going to now!!! if you can find it cheaper!

I wouldn't recommend Maxtor HDD...much prefer Samsung ..much quieter and more reliable..also Seagate because of the 5 year warranty

I would not pay more than £30 delivered for 80gb mate. And yes Maxtor have a bad name mate.

Hold on mate, are you saying those are your options for putting into that PC?

Is that a Celeron 2ghz going in it? http://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/wow2.gif Also that socket 478 is very old.

That PC is not worth more than £150 (probably less, just going off the top of my head), you can get your own Windows for £50 and probably a better card he is putting in for £35. About £40 overpriced mate and it is a very very old system.

Original Poster

no its prices off my local pc shop ! just wandering if they were anygood!

beerman1 i got the package u suggested months ago remember????

hard drives all look overpriced

i pikced up a sata western digital 200gb for £32

Original Poster

where from ??

Antj87

no its prices off my local pc shop ! just wandering if they were … no its prices off my local pc shop ! just wandering if they were anygood!beerman1 i got the package u suggested months ago remember????

Yes mate I do, but you may have been after another PC, maybe for another room or something or for a mate, you just never know.

To be honest if your on a tight budget for a second pc I would buy second hand.

For £200 you can get a decent setup. Try avforums.com and look in their computer/component for sale/trade/wanted section. You will get a much better deal than the one you posted.

Original Poster

cheers man

was mainly after advice on hdd's as i can see from posts non are any good for the price so now thew shearch begins for a hdd 300gb++

Are you looking for SATA?

Western Digital 16mb 320gb £56.99 delivered. ebuyer.com/UK/…269

Or a Maxtor for £53.29. ebuyer.com/UK/…305

Possibly the best you will get for less than £60 is this Seagate ebuyer.com/UK/…418

You could try putting these into Pricerunner, Kelkoo, Froogle etc to see if you can get them any cheaper.

beerman1

I would not pay more than £30 delivered for 80gb mate. And yes Maxtor … I would not pay more than £30 delivered for 80gb mate. And yes Maxtor have a bad name mate

:x Oh dear, guess what I have...

Shop repalced my last HD (less than 1 yr old). Now 9 months on, every few hrs I have to listen to the grinding noises. Works Ok, mostly apart from that.

:w00t: don't know much about computers, surprised I am contributing here :thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1972
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions