What do you think of this tablet? Quantum View

Found 13th Jun 2015
Hi guys, been looking for a Windows 8 tablet, I need something more portable but also need to be able to use windows on it for it to be productive.

While I was scouring Amazon I came across something called a Quantum View FULL HD tablet. It's 10.1" Tablet that comes with a keyboard / case, also the usual Windows 8.1 & Office 365 subscription, the specs don't seem too shabby. Intel Baytrail-T (Quad-core) Z3735F 1.33GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB HD, the interesting thing is its supposed to have a full HD display 1920x1200 resolution, which I assume would make it much more usable in terms of real space on the desktop, first time I've seen a tablet in this category come with that high a resolution. It costs £206.44. The upside is, it already comes with a keyboard, downside is that it's a US type keyboard with the £ sign not on the keys. Also from the comments there seems to be a suggestion that Amazon have some older 1200 x 800 display models they're sending out to customers by mistake.

Whats your thoughts? Any alternatives maybe something with a bit more ram.

I have 2 choices, either go for something cheap and cheerful like this for casual use or go all out with something like a surface pro 3 with i7 so it becomes my main laptop. I'm tempted to wait till win 10 comes out, I think they might release the surface pro 4 then.

1. Ask
  2. Tablet
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Tablet
9 Comments

The linx 10 is a rebranded quantum (or vice versa - they're both the same Chinese tab, basically) and that's well regarded and a fairly good machine for the price. This seems to be identical to the older lower res tab, just with an upgraded screen. If you could buy it without the keyboard, you can pick up uk keyboards fairly easily/cheaply.

Original Poster

Don't think you can buy it without the keyboard, I am wondering if the £50-£60 price difference between this and the Linx 10 is worth it for the fhd

I was going to ask you to ponder that question! The linx 10 is currently around 100 in staples (with the 50quid trade in still running too, if you have a small, old tablet) the keyboard can be had for £25-£35 (uk too). So, yes, is fhd worth that much to you? Dunno myself, just playing devils advocate.

Hmm, ignore that. Staples site lists £159. Wonder if they've left up the signs from Christmas in store, was just looking yesterday.... going to pop in again to check as maybe an undiscovered deal...

Original Poster

if the signs are up then they have to oblige surely?

PittancePincher

if the signs are up then they have to oblige surely?

No they can sell at whatever price they agree to. There is no law stating sale is at ticket price

Original Poster

BarmyBulldog

No they can sell at whatever price they agree to. There is no law stating … No they can sell at whatever price they agree to. There is no law stating sale is at ticket price

it'd probably have dates on it anyways as most point of sale does

PittancePincher

it'd probably have dates on it anyways as most point of sale does

Yeah they wouldn't leave themselves open
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions