Groups

what do you think on these phones??

Ok peeps, i have a choice of the following phones...

Nokia 97 mini

Nokia 5800

Nokia X6V

I have got links to pics etc, but not sure how to put them on?

I'm hoping some of you have these and will let me know what you think about them.

Thanks guys

16 Comments

I had the 5800 and couldn't wait to get rid of it, hated the thing. As a bog standard phone, to call and text it was ok, but the music side was crap.

Babbabooey

I had the 5800 and couldn't wait to get rid of it, hated the thing. As a … I had the 5800 and couldn't wait to get rid of it, hated the thing. As a bog standard phone, to call and text it was ok, but the music side was crap.

Don't see why you've labeled the music side as crap, It's fine on mine...maybe uypdate software?

Anyway, the 5800 is probs the weakest out of those handsets, I'd choose the N97 Mini.

Original Poster

what about internet side ie getting emails and facebook??

Original Poster

firth_face

Don't see why you've labeled the music side as crap, It's fine on … Don't see why you've labeled the music side as crap, It's fine on mine...maybe uypdate software?Anyway, the 5800 is probs the weakest out of those handsets, I'd choose the N97 Mini.

Can i ask why the n97 mini?

firth_face

Don't see why you've labeled the music side as crap, It's fine on … Don't see why you've labeled the music side as crap, It's fine on mine...maybe uypdate software?Anyway, the 5800 is probs the weakest out of those handsets, I'd choose the N97 Mini.

Nothing to do with the software, well apart from the way it's designed. Royal pain in the ass to add/remove stuff, have to keep rescanning the library and it keeps forgetting where in the song you are.

Getting emails is ok, but facebook not so user friendly.

Had the N97 Mini and enjoyed it until a snowflake killed it.

i have the n97 ... cant wait till contract up its rotten

Original Poster

thanks guys, anyone know anyone or have got the X6V??

I'm more drawn to the N97 mini because the slide thing will probably irritate me after a while,

Email and internet is fine. Again I don't see the prob with FB?

And adding and removing stuff was fine, drag and drop system is fool proof.

Net is good. I use the WI-FI whenever I can, the ovi store has an app called snaptu which speeds FB connection up.

Sorry, But I wouldn't recommend any of them, 5800 has terrible reviews and a slow UI, and the N97 also has poor reviews and bad UI.

Is the X6V just the Nokia X6? or is it a different version? If it is the x6 I would give that a tentative nudge, but I would choose a totally different brand; Nokia havn't been lookingtoogreatrecently.

Original Poster

I have just read that the x6v is a festival special , which is no interest to me.

So what would you recommend?? I would like touch screen, with pretty good internet for email and facebook etc. Camera is neither here or there really on quality.

To be honest i like nokias, never had a pproblem with one, had an iphone, lost it had a blackberry and broke it, so not sure what to have.

Appreciating your feedback.

If I had to make a choice from the 5800 and the N97 I would say the N97 - the on screen keyboard on 5800s is terrible and the N97s qwerty keyboard would be a lot better.

Why does it have to be one of them phones by the way?

Any nokia?

E72 all the way!!

And get me one while you're there

Original Poster

not really sure why, i liked the look of them.

E72 looks too much like a wannabe blackberry, plus wanted a touch screen.

N97 i think it might be then.

Without a doubt the N97 Mini

I had an n97 mini and i would say avoid but thats personal opinion. The UI is horrible, navigating is horrid if you have fingers as big as mine, texting on the qwerty gave me cramp, the camera isnt as good as it could be, the camera was slow, browsing the internet is too tricky, the facebook app barely works, the battery life is **** poor . . . . need i go on? lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767304
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171349
      4. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?33

See more discussions