What do you use to clean an LCD tv?

9 replies
Found 2nd Oct 2010
My son has kindly left a pattern of pen lines on our screen, Its not visable when switched on.
Im just wondering what I can use on the screen which will not wreck it?

I tried dry bounty to just wipe it off, but its smeared it now!

8 Comments

You can buy wipes or cleaning kits,

Original Poster

Randa1

You can buy wipes or cleaning kits,

oh I will have to have a look for these when I go to work, Just hope the husband doesnt attack it with a huggies baby wipe!

i got the wipes from poundland

Banned

pinkshaz

i got the wipes from poundland

OP: Theres a decent kit in a little blue bag from asda. About £6 I think - called LCD Cleaning kit.

I use it on my lcd's, iPhone and iPad, as well as a laptop. Does a good job, without damage, but whether it'll remove pen ink, i don't know.
Edited by moderator: "Irrelevant remark removed." 2nd Oct 2010

Normally I use the missus......however she uses a TFT / LCD Screen cleaning kit / Spray with a soft cleaning cloth just like you get with a pair of glasses. You can get on ebay for £3.65 delivered item number 280550075650.

It's good and doesn't smear unlike some of the more expensive offerings. I've been using it on everything for a few years now and never had any problems.

We've got a good one from currys, its a liquid, its £4.99 and does remove pen, as my LO had it on ours.

Banned

just spray water on a microfibre cloth and wipe on screen (TV MUST be off).

Never spray any cleaning solutions directly onto the screen, spray it into the your cleaning cloth.

simplyjimbo

Normally I use the missus......however she uses a TFT / LCD Screen … Normally I use the missus......however she uses a TFT / LCD Screen cleaning kit / Spray with a soft cleaning cloth just like you get with a pair of glasses. You can get on ebay for £3.65 delivered item number 280550075650. It's good and doesn't smear unlike some of the more expensive offerings. I've been using it on everything for a few years now and never had any problems.

just what i neede...ordered ta
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2127
    2. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769294
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313888

See more discussions