What documents do I need to take to Dubai for medical cover?

Found 18th Sep 2017
I'm travelling on Wednesday for a week and not sure what cover to get or where from incase of a medical emergency. I have a EHIC (European health insurance card) but not sure if that's valid over there. Do I need to buy health insurance and if so where from? Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
8 Comments
Have you got travel insurance?
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell1 m ago

Have you got travel insurance?

No, not sure where or what one to buy.
You will certainly need travel insurance which has medical health cover incorporated. EHIC is only valid in The EU and I think Switzerland. I suggest that you read up the below guide which has suggestions for obtaining cheap travel insurance. If you intend to travel to other foreign destinations in the next year than consider taking out an annual insurance.

Do not forget to declare all your medical conditions as if do not then it will invalidate your insurance. You can choose to have these excluded for a cheaper quote.

Guide:

moneysavingexpert.com/ins…nce
i can't believe you have waited this late to sort travel insurance - what if you had to cancel due to an emergency?

as above, you will definately need insurance
You MUST get travel insurance as soon as possible. Travelling without it is plain madness. If anything happens you're covered. Your EHIC will be of no use over there. Have a great trip
Just get a policy from a comparison website. Use comparethemarket.com and you'll get two for one cinema tickets for a year. I went to Dubai last year and bought my policy two days before leaving so it's no big deal. They will email you the documents.
Check if you have free travel insurance through your bank....some pay monthly current accounts offer free travel insurance.
Also check if your home insurance offers free holiday insurance...eg directline.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants