Groups

What does "bump" mean and what does "spammed post" mean

Im pretty new to forum posting and have been wondering what it means when someone posts "bump" in a post and also when someone "spams" a message?

Cheers

cm

13 Comments

Banned

To bump a thread on an Internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. Bump stands for "Bring Up My Post".

and we usually spam a post if its a duplicate of another thread. or its simply not suitable for the forum.

bump - bring up my post (basically it makes it go to the first page of the forums again so it is noticed)

we must of been typing at the same time

I'm not sure bump does stand for that, isn't it one of those post acronym things, like people think 'posh' stands for Port out, Starboard home? I thought it just meant you bump your thread back to the top.

Banned

sancho1983;4573353

I'm not sure bump does stand for that, isn't it one of those post acronym … I'm not sure bump does stand for that, isn't it one of those post acronym things, like people think 'posh' stands for Port out, Starboard home? [COLOR="Red"]I thought it just meant you bump your thread back to the top[/COLOR].

Umm yes. and as i stated it means 'Bring up my post' ... they kinda mean the same thing?

DangerGod;4573402

Umm yes. and as i stated it means 'Bring up my post' ... they kinda mean … Umm yes. and as i stated it means 'Bring up my post' ... they kinda mean the same thing?

Ok, but if you want to get picky you said it was an acronym, [COLOR="Red"]B[/COLOR]ump [COLOR="Red"]U[/COLOR]p [COLOR="Red"]M[/COLOR]y [COLOR="Red"]P[/COLOR]ost, i was just pointing out that i don't think it is an acronym for anything, i wasn't questioning the meaning or intention of the word.

this thread is fast becoming a geek fest.

run for ur lives with ur dignity in tact!

Banned

sancho1983;4573522

Ok, but if you want to get picky you said it was an acronym, … Ok, but if you want to get picky you said it was an acronym, [COLOR="Red"]B[/COLOR]ump [COLOR="Red"]U[/COLOR]p [COLOR="Red"]M[/COLOR]y [COLOR="Red"]P[/COLOR]ost, i was just pointing out that i don't think it is an acronym for anything, i wasn't questioning the meaning or intention of the word.:)

oh well im pretty sure it is... en.wikipedia.org/wik…net)

(sorry to continue the geek fest)

Not that it matters, but that link comes up with

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name......

I should make one saying it's not an acronym!!

Banned

sancho1983;4573736

Not that it matters, but that link comes up withWikipedia does not have … Not that it matters, but that link comes up withWikipedia does not have an article with this exact name......I should make one saying it's not an acronym!!

lol wtf it was working like 20 mins ago ]try this

lol, yeah it's working now!

DangerGod;4573752

lol wtf it was working like 20 mins ago ]try this

The first link didn't work because it left the closing bracket as text and not a hyperlink

I don't think BUMP means Bring Up My Post either. I think that may have been made up by people after it was used and then spread.

peodude;4574047

The first link didn't work because it left the closing bracket as text … The first link didn't work because it left the closing bracket as text and not a hyperlink :)I don't think BUMP means Bring Up My Post either. I think that may have been made up by people after it was used and then spread.

Like WIFE doesn't really stand for [COLOR="Red"]W[/COLOR]ashing, [COLOR="red"]I[/COLOR]roning, [COLOR="red"]F[/COLOR]******, [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR]tc
    :whistling:

Original Poster

BlasterLad;4574074

Like WIFE doesn't really stand for [COLOR="Red"]W[/COLOR]ashing, … Like WIFE doesn't really stand for [COLOR="Red"]W[/COLOR]ashing, [COLOR="red"]I[/COLOR]roning, [COLOR="red"]F[/COLOR]******, [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR]tc:whistling:

pmsl +1:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3988
      2. That’s Life Magazine Issue 33 ends 28th August2626
      3. Free JackpotJoy Plate44
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121

See more discussions