what does jailbroken mean/do

Banned
sorry to sound a thickie but i keep seeing this and thought it was some kind of unlock for a phone, but just seen one mentioned about an ipod

15 Comments

As you say to others: to google it. Why don't you follow your own advice for once.

It's for iphones and ipods, easlily done at home.

Info here iclarified.com/ent…527

Banned

It means its unlocked to enable your own apps and backgrounds to be installed on an iphone or Ipod touch.

Apple stuff is locked into iTunes software. Jailbreaking gets round the problems with that, though you still use itunes.

Original Poster Banned

strike;7628504

As you say to others: to google it. Why don't you follow your own advice … As you say to others: to google it. Why don't you follow your own advice for once.

i did it, it really helped, not :roll:

Original Poster Banned

guv;7628530

It means its unlocked to enable your own apps and backgrounds to be … It means its unlocked to enable your own apps and backgrounds to be installed on an iphone or Ipod touch.Apple stuff is locked into iTunes software. Jailbreaking gets round the problems with that, though you still use itunes.

oh, so you can only add apple stuff to an ipod if its not jailed

google.co.uk/sea…f-8

2nd link on google (wiki), wiki am your friend

Original Poster Banned

Inquisitor;7628558

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=jailbreaking+an+iphone&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-82nd link on google (wiki), wiki am your friend

i had read that already. but i didnt rea;ise you could only use apple stuff, hence why i was confused

Banned

sassie;7628549

oh, so you can only add apple stuff to an ipod if its not jailed

You can only install apps bought from itunes unless its jailbroken. Then you can add what you want. You do realise though, this thread will now soon earn the tags "official nigel thread"!

sassie;7628576

i had read that already. but i didnt rea;ise you could only use apple … i had read that already. but i didnt rea;ise you could only use apple stuff, hence why i was confused

apple stuff? :?

Im pretty sure you can only use apple OS Apps unless they have some sort of emulator....

similarly with android OS and windows mobile.

people (programmers) make apps for such OS's but cant be converted over that easily if you get my drift.. bit like apple mac cant run some of windows stuff.. (Games)

Original Poster Banned

guv;7628589

You can only install apps bought from itunes unless its jailbroken. Then … You can only install apps bought from itunes unless its jailbroken. Then you can add what you want. You do realise though, this thread will now soon earn the tags "official nigel thread"!

oh dear,.a bit expensive then, so can you add music to an ipod off your computer to an ipod that hasnt been jailbroken

guv;7628589

You can only install apps bought from itunes unless its jailbroken. Then … You can only install apps bought from itunes unless its jailbroken. Then you can add what you want. You do realise though, this thread will now soon earn the tags "official nigel thread"!

some are free no?

sassie;7628617

oh dear,.a bit expensive then, so can you add music to an ipod off your … oh dear,.a bit expensive then, so can you add music to an ipod off your computer to an ipod that hasnt been jailbroken

yes.. and yes.. hence android pwns

I am also assuming when you say ipod you meant itouch? (otherwise i have no clue if ipods can be jailbroken)

Jailbroken? First thing i thought of was dropping Soap in a Shower :?

Wouldn't have thought it was something to do with an app.

Original Poster Banned

Inquisitor;7628630

some are free no?yes.. and yes.. hence android pwns :pI am also assuming … some are free no?yes.. and yes.. hence android pwns :pI am also assuming when you say ipod you meant itouch? (otherwise i have no clue if ipods can be jailbroken)

yes i meant ipod touch, thanks anyway guys, will get my head round it at some time :oops:

guv;7628589

nigel

I think I know this Nigel bloke you speak of, he has tomtom and lots of other stuff on his iphone and he seems to think it's all free, I wonder if it's the same chap:?

Banned

sassie;7628617

oh dear,.a bit expensive then, so can you add music to an ipod off your … oh dear,.a bit expensive then, so can you add music to an ipod off your computer to an ipod that hasnt been jailbroken

Music would be fine. But apps could only be from itunes if its not.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1748
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114
    4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923

See more discussions