What does (S) on CEX mean?

Found 26th Sep 2012
Can anyone tell me what the (S) on the CEX website actually means? I know it stands for sealed and the site says that it means "must be sealed" (when selling to them) but does it mean the one they are selling is sealed (or the same quality as a sealed one), and therefore pretty much new? Or is it something like the game is meant to be sealed normally, so you might not get everything?
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
Click that link and it will reveal all.
They don't sell them sealed. If it's got a (S) next to it, you have to unseal it in front of them - generally so they can be sure that online codes haven't been used.

As for whether you get a new one when you buy, that's just luck of the draw.
wiki says Computer Exchange
Sealed items

(should really read thread first)
Edited by: "Starr" 26th Sep 2012
Starr

Sealed items(should really read thread first)

er... yeah... anyway, a little education is needed tonight as theres **** all on tv
dbhoy

http://www.google.co.uk/search?redir_esc=&redir_esc=&hl=en&client=tablet-android-google&source=android-browser-type&v=210020005&qsubts=1348693941652&devloc=0&q=what%20does%20the%20s%20on%20cex%20meam#hl=en&client=tablet-android-google&tbo=d&source=android-browser-type&v=210020005&sa=X&ei=q29jUN7vKMSu0QWih4GADw&ved=0CC8QvwUoAQ&q=what+does+the+s+on+cex+mean&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1c7777f1a2fb8798&biw=1280&bih=800

I've read those, i know the S stands for sealed. I want to know if it means if you buy something that has (S) in the name it will be pretty much new (just not sealed) or if it only applies to selling to them.

They don't sell them sealed. If it's got a (S) next to it, you have to … They don't sell them sealed. If it's got a (S) next to it, you have to unseal it in front of them - generally so they can be sure that online codes haven't been used.As for whether you get a new one when you buy, that's just luck of the draw.

So it has doesn't apply to buying then? But if they only accept sealed versions, doesn't that mean they will be the same as a sealed version (just unsealed) when you buy?
Edited by: "seven324" 26th Sep 2012
dbhoy

http://www.google.co.uk/search?redir_esc=&redir_esc=&hl=en&client=tablet-android-google&source=android-browser-type&v=210020005&qsubts=1348693941652&devloc=0&q=what%20does%20the%20s%20on%20cex%20meam#hl=en&client=tablet-android-google&tbo=d&source=android-browser-type&v=210020005&sa=X&ei=q29jUN7vKMSu0QWih4GADw&ved=0CC8QvwUoAQ&q=what+does+the+s+on+cex+mean&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1c7777f1a2fb8798&biw=1280&bih=800

They don't sell them sealed. If it's got a (S) next to it, you have to … They don't sell them sealed. If it's got a (S) next to it, you have to unseal it in front of them - generally so they can be sure that online codes haven't been used.As for whether you get a new one when you buy, that's just luck of the draw.

Like I said... pot luck when you buy. They've got drawers full of games, depends which one they pull out.

Just reread your question - if they ONLY accept sealed, then yea, it should be new.
Edited by: "miikeyblue" 26th Sep 2012
(S) means ta hen an item is traded in they got it sealed so all DLC codes etc are unused. They then take the items out th boxes and any DLC media and place it in plastic sleeves with the SKU number hat relates to a sealed item.

So when you buy it they should give you the correct item. If Game, Gamestation, HMV etc. can manage to keep new and preowned stock seperate I'm sure Cex can.
its means to have sex inside the store next to the counter
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants