What does the manual look like for Silent Hill (PS1)?

Found 27th Jul 2011
Okay so I know this is a bit of an odd question! But I was wondering whether anyone here owned Silent Hill for the Playstation 1? If so, could you please tell me what the manual looks like?

Basically I bought a copy from eBay stating that it came with the manual, I even emailed the seller to confirm this as it is an important factor to me. I was assured it did so I bought it. I have just received it today and I'm not impressed...

My "manual" is not a booklet or other such form, it is a twice folded bit of instruction paper that has a picture of the controller and what the buttons do, but on the front of the "manual" it says "SILENT HILL PLAYABLE DEMO". Now I am thinking this may be the instructions that came with Metal Gear Solid (I think!) when they released the Silent Hill demo within it.

But if anyone could confirm this that would be brilliant.

Thanks for any replies as always
Community Updates
MiscSilent Hill
10 Comments
I got that same bit of paper with my copy of metal gear solid, dont think its the actual manual im afraid he or she has just stuck in the one you get with the silent hill demo which you get with the original metal gear
Original Poster
killerboy32

I got that same bit of paper with my copy of metal gear solid, dont think … I got that same bit of paper with my copy of metal gear solid, dont think its the actual manual im afraid he or she has just stuck in the one you get with the silent hill demo which you get with the original metal gear

Cheers for this! That was my presumption, but I wanted to check before contacting them as I know some PS1 titles had weird manuals aha

Ah well, this is gonna be a fun conversation. Gotta love eBay...
Original Poster
MBeeching

Here is the booklet it should contain (full … Here is the booklet it should contain (full scans):http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/simonshx/Silent%20Hill%20Booklet/

Ah thank you so much MBeeching! Very kind of you

And yeah it definitely looks nothing like that! Worst part is I'm pretty sure the seller knew this because in their pictures they've covered up the "playable demo" bit so it looks just like the original booklet. So annoyed
you can always claim item as not described?
Original Poster
littlepinkstarz

you can always claim item as not described?

Yeah I know thanks, I've been with eBay many years now so I know how it all works

I tend to see Paypal claims as a last resort though, so I will give the seller a chance to redeem themselves first, it can't hurt and is often better than jumping the gun
will be interesting to hear what the seller says
Original Poster
littlepinkstarz

will be interesting to hear what the seller says

No reply as of yet. Will be interesting to see if I do get a reply. I've known some sellers to put off correspondence as long as possible, yet there's a reply almost instantly when you submit a claim...

Although I'm sure if I do get one, it will be along the lines of "oh I had no idea, that's all I received when I bought the game, are you sure it's not the original one la la la"

I'm sure it will be fun though as the seller is also adamant they don't accept returns aha
cept ebay will make them :P
Original Poster
Precisely
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants