Groups

What does this mean? Discuss briefly 2 methods which will automate a questionnaire.

This is the part before this question

Construct four questions for a questionnaire that can provide a basis for investigation for a new computer system. Use a different type for each question. Do not repeat a type e.g.

But im confused to what exactly this means

9 Comments

From what I understood it's asking you to discuss 2 ways how a questionnaire is made. Hope this is any help

Original Poster

lkscoltand

From what I understood it's asking you to discuss 2 ways how a … From what I understood it's asking you to discuss 2 ways how a questionnaire is made. Hope this is any help

Hmm that does seem logical

I'm guessing -:
    1, Radio Buttons
    2, Text Box
    3, Tick Boxes
    4, Drop Down Box

I'm sure lecturers make questions obtuse on purpose for their own amusement.

Edit.. The C does stand for C# OR C++ doesn't it?
    Edited by: "danmc" 23rd Mar 2011

danmc

I'm guessing -:1, Radio Buttons2, Text Box3, Tick Boxes4, Drop Down Box … I'm guessing -:1, Radio Buttons2, Text Box3, Tick Boxes4, Drop Down Box I'm sure lecturers make questions obtuse on purpose for their own amusement.

This for art b but as it asks you to discuss two for part c I think you need to briefly explain each of the two methods you choose and maybe the pros and cons. How many marks for the question?

Edited by: "stewby" 23rd Mar 2011

Original Poster

danmc

I'm guessing -:1, Radio Buttons2, Text Box3, Tick Boxes4, Drop Down Box … I'm guessing -:1, Radio Buttons2, Text Box3, Tick Boxes4, Drop Down Box I'm sure lecturers make questions obtuse on purpose for their own amusement.Edit.. The C does stand for C# OR C++ doesn't it?

Nope just like A,B,C as in Part A, Part B, Part C

Original Poster

Thats the whole question :

A. You are the project manager and have been asked to do requirements analysis based on the above user specification. The outcome of which will be the following:
    i. Functional requirements
    ii. Non-functional requirements
    iii. Any obvious omission
    iv. Platitudes

B. Construct four questions for a questionnaire that can provide a basis for investigation for a new computer system. Use a different type for each question. Do not repeat a type e.g.
    i. Multiple choice
    ii. Numeric open end
    iii. Text open end
    iv. Rating scales
    v. Agreement scales

C. Discuss briefly 2 methods which will automate a questionnaire.
    23 marks

Original Poster

I have done A and B. Im guessing C is probably worth like 5 marks or so
    Edited by: "MarzBarz" 23rd Mar 2011

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

You are being asked to design a new computer system for a client.You need … You are being asked to design a new computer system for a client.You need to construct a questionnaire to work out what sort of system the client requires.B. is asking for 4 example questions you can use in the questionnaire - it's asking for 4 different types of questioning to show that you understand what the different types are.The answers to the questions could be evaluated manually, but they could also be automated so that a particular response leads to a particular solution/suggestion. Use a flowchart to direct the questions. Or assign a scoring system to each of the responses.P.S. This is a best guess. I have no computer training.

Hmmm lol

despite the roundabout way i think danmc actually hit the nail on the head, the two methods for automating a questionaire would surely mean (eg)
    a, a drop down list for use in multiple choice questions
    b. text open end questions, these would need to be in the form tick box with a text entry form activated on tick.
    or you could discuss the use of radio buttons for agreement or rating scales

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64490
      2. One for the mathmeticians1320
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767420
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1216

See more discussions