Groups
    EXPIRED

What does this mean on facebook?

On my newsfeed a lot of people have been saying status like: 4 and I'm proud or 9 and I'm proud etc.

What the hell does it mean? Thanks!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

13 Comments

i get lost on that stuff also had this last year

Just another stupid chain message that people with nothing better to do post.

number of tattoos

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

number of tattoosEliTom

Ah cheers! Makes sense now I think of it

Isn't this for cancer awareness? number of tattoos as elitom has stated.

sjhirst

Isn't this for cancer awareness? number of tattoos as elitom has stated.

The fact that people have to ask what it means shows there is absolutely no point in putting this crap around.

Bit like those "post this pink ribbon to show you care about cancer".

Why not just put a link to Cancer Research UK then actually make a donation to them? Putting pictures of ribbons and typing "1 and proud" will do absolutely nothing to help any charity what-so-ever.

So many idiots on FB.

I heard it was what you rate yourself. Obviously I was wrong.

artnada

The fact that people have to ask what it means shows there is absolutely … The fact that people have to ask what it means shows there is absolutely no point in putting this crap around. Bit like those "post this pink ribbon to show you care about cancer".Why not just put a link to Cancer Research UK then actually make a donation to them? Putting pictures of ribbons and typing "1 and proud" will do absolutely nothing to help any charity what-so-ever. So many idiots on FB.

Have to agree with you there, but that's Facebook for you most of the time.

artnada

The fact that people have to ask what it means shows there is absolutely … The fact that people have to ask what it means shows there is absolutely no point in putting this crap around. Bit like those "post this pink ribbon to show you care about cancer".Why not just put a link to Cancer Research UK then actually make a donation to them? Putting pictures of ribbons and typing "1 and proud" will do absolutely nothing to help any charity what-so-ever. So many idiots on FB.

Couldn't agree more. I just quietly give a certain amount by DD every month to cancer research and a few others. Wearing a badge does nothing.

It's women sharing how many tattoos they have. I got sent this PM yesterday.

"Hello girls! Like every year ,we are mobilizing against breast cancer. Here is the game this year : It is proposed that GIRLS do something to educate everyone facing breast cancer. It's easy and I would like you all to participate !!! a few years ago we had to write on our wall our bra colour . The men were questioning for days They wondered why girls had written on their wall colours . This year it is related to the number of tattoos you have. Do not reply to this message ... Write only the word that applies to you on your wall and send this message privately to all your GIRLS !!! It also requires that you add the words " ... and I 'm proud ! " Before the actual number. EXAMPLE: 2 and I am proud ! 7 and I'm proud ! 0 and I'm proud ! The game of the bra was up on television, trying to do the same with this , send this message privately to your contacts GIRLS , do " copy" on the message , select " New Message" and then "paste" ** If you please, do not reply to this message , simply do !! GO !! We want to see a maximum of statutes."

Note the Americanisms and rather sloppy grammar/spelling. I'm sure it's well-meaning, but it's a garbled mess of an idea which renders it counter-productive and pointless.

I hate the suggestion that I am somehow lacking empathy if I don't share or do something on Facebook. So I ignored it
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 18th Jan 2015

To be honest, when I first read the message I thought my Facebook Friend had been hacked!!

I bet the average number increases the further North you go.

louiselouise

It's women sharing how many tattoos they have. I got sent this PM … It's women sharing how many tattoos they have. I got sent this PM yesterday."Hello girls! Like every year ,we are mobilizing against breast cancer. Here is the game this year : It is proposed that GIRLS do something to educate everyone facing breast cancer. It's easy and I would like you all to participate !!! a few years ago we had to write on our wall our bra colour . The men were questioning for days They wondered why girls had written on their wall colours . This year it is related to the number of tattoos you have. Do not reply to this message ... Write only the word that applies to you on your wall and send this message privately to all your GIRLS !!! It also requires that you add the words " ... and I 'm proud ! " Before the actual number. EXAMPLE: 2 and I am proud ! 7 and I'm proud ! 0 and I'm proud ! The game of the bra was up on television, trying to do the same with this , send this message privately to your contacts GIRLS , do " copy" on the message , select " New Message" and then "paste" ** If you please, do not reply to this message , simply do !! GO !! We want to see a maximum of statutes."Note the Americanisms and rather sloppy grammar/spelling. I'm sure it's well-meaning, but it's a garbled mess of an idea which renders it counter-productive and pointless.I hate the suggestion that I am somehow lacking empathy if I don't share or do something on Facebook. So I ignored it

"The men were questioning for days They wondered why girls had written on their wall colours" See. It's almost like it's a "shhh, don't tell Men what we're doing". It's utterly ridiculous and serves absolutely NO purpose in "educate everyone facing breast cancer".

It is simply one person making this crap up to boost their own ego in seeing how far it goes around the World.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Finally got a Xbox one s22
    2. Marvel characters22
    3. Battery drain on iOS 111316
    4. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110

See more discussions