Expired

What Does Unlimited Internet mean on T-Mobile Contract?

Found 17th Nov 2010
Is there a fair use policy..and If there is and you go over it do they charge?

11 Comments

Original Poster

Its android. Samsung Galaxy Apollo. Do you know if they charge after the 3gb?

I spoke to one of the sales team a few days back and they said that there would be no additional charges if you went over 3gb. She also said that if you went up to 6gb you'd likely have a friendly phone call from them.

Original Poster

Thanks sheila I'm asking for a friend I'm on the phone to and thats a great relief for him.

There's no charges if you go over the allowance - they just slow down your connection speed after the limit has been exceeded.

Original Poster

I'm assuming tethering is not allowed but does anyone do it without any problems?

I have 'unlimited' internet on t-mobile, went to about 2.7gb one month and got a text saying i was close to the 3gb limit.. i was tethering it to my laptop at the time though! (btw i do this a lot and they never seem to notice).

did speak to a rep in a store about the limit a few weeks ago and they said nothing really ever happens if you go over.. they never charge your for it but they might send you a text or give you a phone call.

as far as mobile internet providers go, t-mobile seem really relaxed!

FoX5

I'm assuming tethering is not allowed but does anyone do it without any … I'm assuming tethering is not allowed but does anyone do it without any problems?

yep, tether aaaaaalll the time.. used to do it using an N95 over USB, now with an iPhone on MiWi. Works great. I can't see how they can distinguish it from general mobile internet usage.

Original Poster

Thanks thats brill then lol. Its my friend who just got the phone but i'm checking this out for him because he doesn't really know about all this and I didn't want him to get himself in trouble.

Never used T-mobile myself but they seem pretty cool.

FoX5

I'm assuming tethering is not allowed but does anyone do it without any … I'm assuming tethering is not allowed but does anyone do it without any problems?

I tether through my iPhone (a pretty fast connection too, considering!), never had any problems nor ever been charged

Original Poster

Hi. I mentioned to my friend about it and he was surprised as he didn't even know it was possible so he's very happy about it. Its good to hear the T-Mobile is allowing this without any problems and they don't charge extra which is the most important.

FoX5

I tethered my PC for a week recently when I was without internet, and while I received a text eventually saying I had used 80% of my allowance, I never heard anything beyond that and there were no additional charges on my bill.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions