Groups
    EXPIRED

what dog kennel is best?

i got a puppy hungarian vizla, although im home most of the time and he will be a house dog im looking for a kennel for short outdoor breaks. Which would be warmest, dryest and cool in summer. I have a flexible budget as im not in a rush for it but high quality durability and value for money is important. maybe up to £200?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

9 Comments

dont buy plastic for start puppies chew. wooden built best with metal along the edges. a bed raised off floor good for cold and cleaning. would ask at local shed makers to make one to suit as we did.

I have no advice as mine have always just lived inside, except forays our to pee and summer days when we're all in the garden, but be mindful that he doesn't get stolen if you're going to leave him for any time, he's quite a distinctive looking dog that is quite desirable. You might want to consider extra kennel size to give you room to put heating in for the winter because these don't have under coats, do they?

This bread is not a house dog (nor is any other). This dog as an adult requires 2 long runs a day and should cover between 4 and 6 miles a day.. Anything less and you are being cruel to the animal.

Original Poster

Comment

128plant

dont buy plastic for start puppies chew. wooden built best with metal … dont buy plastic for start puppies chew. wooden built best with metal along the edges. a bed raised off floor good for cold and cleaning. would ask at local shed makers to make one to suit as we did.

goog advise on the points about shed

Original Poster

Comment

Beetlemama

I have no advice as mine have always just lived inside, except forays our … I have no advice as mine have always just lived inside, except forays our to pee and summer days when we're all in the garden, but be mindful that he doesn't get stolen if you're going to leave him for any time, he's quite a distinctive looking dog that is quite desirable. You might want to consider extra kennel size to give you room to put heating in for the winter because these don't have under coats, do they?

yea no undercoat apparently and their hair is very short too so heat is high on priority list

Original Poster

Comment

Boxer

This bread is not a house dog (nor is any other). This dog as an adult … This bread is not a house dog (nor is any other). This dog as an adult requires 2 long runs a day and should cover between 4 and 6 miles a day.. Anything less and you are being cruel to the animal.

I've researched the breed, he will obviously be very well looked after in every sense.

Original Poster

And for anyone else who wants to tell me not to keep my dog in the house you may as well be taking Japanese as I grew up with happy healthy long lived dogs. With a combination of company, training and exercise my Hungarian Vizsla will also be very happy healthy and long lived too.

pinklillypops

And for anyone else who wants to tell me not to keep my dog in the house … And for anyone else who wants to tell me not to keep my dog in the house you may as well be taking Japanese as I grew up with happy healthy long lived dogs. With a combination of company, training and exercise my Hungarian Vizsla will also be very happy healthy and long lived too.

All my dogs have lived inside no matter what the breed. I currently have a Beagle and a Whippet x Jack Russell. Whilst the Beagle would be OK outside the Whippet had almost no fat nor fur.

Original Poster

Comment

Carbonize

All my dogs have lived inside no matter what the breed. I currently have … All my dogs have lived inside no matter what the breed. I currently have a Beagle and a Whippet x Jack Russell. Whilst the Beagle would be OK outside the Whippet had almost no fat nor fur.

I agree with you, as my dog is short haired too the vet told me he wouldn't do well outside, also researching it's said they bread to stay close to their owners. the dog will as he gets older be my companion for walking, family hiking and my partners jogging companion. The kennel is just going to be an extra part of our living space that the dog can call his own and will be unsupervised outside for only short spaces of time. Saw some on eBay £100 but one I like is £500
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions