Groups

What Ebay fees

Hi just sold a Drumkit on ebay for £100
    other than the listing fee does anyone no what other fees will be charged?
    Thanks in advance

27 Comments

Final value fees and Paypal fees presuming you went through Paypal.

baffledsalmon;6663809

Final value fees and Paypal fees presuming you went through Paypal.

+1

Should be 10% of the final price (so £10)

Plus 3.4% + 20p Paypal fees (so about another £3.60-£4.00, depending on your postage costs)

Banned

if you have sold it then it will tell you in your account what you need to pay

midlandscomics;6663822

Should be 10% of the final price (so £10)Plus 3.4% + 20p Paypal fees (so … Should be 10% of the final price (so £10)Plus 3.4% + 20p Paypal fees (so about another £3.60-£4.00, depending on your postage costs)

thats what I got too....was trying to figure out the %'s

Original Poster

Thanks peeps not sure if he will pay by PP yet, I had to offer it, but hoping he will pay COD.
    So with listing fee £4 odd and if he pays by PP am probably looking at £20 which is quite a chunk off £100!

Does it come under media

Think that's 9% if so.

As Sassie said,look in your seller account it will be shown there.

Original Poster

deb8z;6663869

Does it come under mediaThink that's 9% if so.As Sassie said,look in your … Does it come under mediaThink that's 9% if so.As Sassie said,look in your seller account it will be shown there.

Will Do Thanks :thumbsup:

pink;6663867

Thanks peeps not sure if he will pay by PP yet, I had to offer it, but … Thanks peeps not sure if he will pay by PP yet, I had to offer it, but hoping he will pay COD. So with listing fee £4 odd and if he pays by PP am probably looking at £20 which is quite a chunk off £100!

I'd push for cash on collection.

Email and ask when they want to collect and pay cash:-D

Original Poster

looked On seller account £14.37 thats without PP charge, am defo going to ask him to pay COD , hope he calls me before he pays!

pink;6663917

looked On seller account £14.37 thats without PP charge, am defo going … looked On seller account £14.37 thats without PP charge, am defo going to ask him to pay COD , hope he calls me before he pays!

You can still refund it if you want and get the buyer to pay cash on collection,just make sure you click on refund from the original Paypal transaction page and then no fees are incurred:thumbsup:

Original Poster

deb8z;6663946

You can still refund it if you want and get the buyer to pay cash on … You can still refund it if you want and get the buyer to pay cash on collection,just make sure you click on refund from the original Paypal transaction page and then no fees are incurred:thumbsup:

Oo Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Do not ever allow someone to pay paypal for a item they collect, you will have no proof they had it and can so easily claim item not received and they WILL win it.

For paypal proof of receipt they will need to see a signed proof of delivery from a delivery agent.

Original Poster

harlzter;6663987

Do not ever allow someone to pay paypal for a item they collect, you will … Do not ever allow someone to pay paypal for a item they collect, you will have no proof they had it and can so easily claim item not received and they WILL win it.

It said I had to offer Paypal, Think it is becaus ethe account is quite new

pink;6663997

It said I had to offer Paypal, Think it is becaus ethe account is quite … It said I had to offer Paypal, Think it is becaus ethe account is quite new

You have to offer paypal on all items except motors.

I always put if collecting cash only and any paypal payments will be immediately returned due to risk of scammers. Never had a problem yet.

harlzter;6664031

You have to offer paypal on all items except motors.I always put if … You have to offer paypal on all items except motors.I always put if collecting cash only and any paypal payments will be immediately returned due to risk of scammers. Never had a problem yet.

You're at risk of getting you're item removed by Ebay if anybody bothered to report you by writing that ^^^^

Banned

as already said, never allow paypal on collection, also get them to sign to say they have jhad it, cash on collection means they can tell ebay you refused to sell

Original Poster

sassie;6664079

as already said, never allow paypal on collection, also get them to sign … as already said, never allow paypal on collection, also get them to sign to say they have jhad it, cash on collection means they can tell ebay you refused to sell

Yes i will do that thanks sassie:)

Original Poster

Thanks for help everyone have left Rep

deb8z;6664068

You're at risk of getting you're item removed by Ebay if anybody bothered … You're at risk of getting you're item removed by Ebay if anybody bothered to report you by writing that ^^^^

Id rather lose a small amount by having the listing removed than losing the value of the item and the item itself.

I thought the wording on ebay said you have to offer paypal as an option anyway? Nothing to say you have to accept the sent payment? It didnt use to anyway.

Its always been on larger more expensive items anyway and on a buy it now basis, buyers have always messaged me asking questions and arranged to view. not one clicked buy it now:whistling: No sale, no fee, and items no longer available.:whistling::whistling:

Banned

surprisingly (or not as the case is) eBay have an entire section dedicated to this kind of question

may be best to start there................

dimebars;6664834

surprisingly (or not as the case is) eBay have an entire section … surprisingly (or not as the case is) eBay have an entire section dedicated to this kind of questionmay be best to start there................

You and your sarcasm,you're worse than me :giggle:

Banned

dimebars;6664834

surprisingly (or not as the case is) eBay have an entire section … surprisingly (or not as the case is) eBay have an entire section dedicated to this kind of questionmay be best to start there................

deb8z;6664852

You and your sarcasm,you're worse than me :giggle:

come on - what do you expect!

harlzter;6664519

Id rather lose a small amount by having the listing removed than losing … Id rather lose a small amount by having the listing removed than losing the value of the item and the item itself.I thought the wording on ebay said you have to offer paypal as an option anyway? Nothing to say you have to accept the sent payment? It didnt use to anyway.Its always been on larger more expensive items anyway and on a buy it now basis, buyers have always messaged me asking questions and arranged to view. not one clicked buy it now:whistling: No sale, no fee, and items no longer available.:whistling::whistling:

I was referring to this announcement RE the wording on a listing :

As of 5 November 2009, you will be unable to list your item if cash is referenced as part of your payment instructions for in person transactions, outside of a few limited categories called out within the Accepted Payments policy.

Although you may offer payment upon pick-up as an option when listings your items, you cannot openly solicit cash payments. For example, you are not allowed to say, I accept cash in person or Cash accepted on collection. Instead, we recommend you say, Contact me for payment methods to pay upon pick-up.

Please note that these changes are being made to align with our Accepted Payments policy

dimebars;6664875

come on - what do you expect!

Nothing less:thumbsup:

deb8z;6664876

I was referring to this announcement RE the wording on a listing :As of 5 … I was referring to this announcement RE the wording on a listing :As of 5 November 2009, you will be unable to list your item if cash is referenced as part of your payment instructions for in person transactions, outside of a few limited categories called out within the Accepted Payments policy.Although you may offer payment upon pick-up as an option when listings your items, you cannot openly solicit cash payments. For example, you are not allowed to say, I accept cash in person or Cash accepted on collection. Instead, we recommend you say, Contact me for payment methods to pay upon pick-up.Please note that these changes are being made to align with our Accepted Payments policy

nice, yet more ammo for scammers against honest sellers.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…22
      2. Battery drain on iOS 1166
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?55
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?11

See more discussions