What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel please?

Found 23rd Aug 2017
Hi there,

I bought some engine oil as I was paying for my fuel thinking it may be the correct one as it said for diesel and bought this here:
Q8 Formula Advanced 10 W-40 4 Litre Synthetic Based Motor Oil for diesel 4L

aidlubricants.co.uk/sho…htm

I was just wondering what engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel please? As I believe the one I have bought is wrong so wondered if it would cause any issues at all?

Would much appreciate your help and for a best price for the option I need please.

Thanks

Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Original Poster
jamstaruk197210 m ago

http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils_which-oil.aspx

Thank you for the link and yes it says the same as Halfords did: 5W30 not sure how much different / damage it would do if I did put 10W40 in though?
HotUkDale1 h, 3 m ago

Thank you for the link and yes it says the same as Halfords did: 5W30 not …Thank you for the link and yes it says the same as Halfords did: 5W30 not sure how much different / damage it would do if I did put 10W40 in though?

do you really want to risk it?

its not just the viscosity that matters, its also the rating C2/A5 etc as well as any manufacturer specific approvals (although this is less important)
You need an oil approved to VW505. Volkswagen's own brand is Quantum Platinum 5W40 - you can get that from a VW/Audi dealer on ebay for £18.60 ....

ebay.co.uk/itm…JYA

I have a 1.9TDI Passat and have used it for years.
505.01 is what you need for a PD engine minimum, I use 507 which is Longlife but still change it yearly, either will be OK, don't put the wrong oil in as you will get camshaft wear and the injectors run off the cam, that 505 you bought is for the older engines.
Original Poster
adamspencer9521 h, 27 m ago

do you really want to risk it?its not just the viscosity that matters, its …do you really want to risk it?its not just the viscosity that matters, its also the rating C2/A5 etc as well as any manufacturer specific approvals (although this is less important)

Van197320 h, 12 m ago

You need an oil approved to VW505. Volkswagen's own brand is Quantum …You need an oil approved to VW505. Volkswagen's own brand is Quantum Platinum 5W40 - you can get that from a VW/Audi dealer on ebay for £18.60 ....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-5-LITRE-QUANTUM-PLATINUM-ENGINE-OIL-5W-40-ZGB115QLB00521-/253001544665?epid=1563484657&hash=item3ae81133d9:g:ElEAAOSwBLlU2JYAI have a 1.9TDI Passat and have used it for years.

T2000Bill16 h, 35 m ago

505.01 is what you need for a PD engine minimum, I use 507 which is …505.01 is what you need for a PD engine minimum, I use 507 which is Longlife but still change it yearly, either will be OK, don't put the wrong oil in as you will get camshaft wear and the injectors run off the cam, that 505 you bought is for the older engines.

Thank you for the replies of information. Much appreciated for sure

I have managed to swap it out for this one now but was a bit extra money on top at my local fuel station

aidlubricants.co.uk/sho…htm

Please let me know if it is any good? THanks
HotUkDale18 m ago

Thank you for the replies of information. Much appreciated for sure I …Thank you for the replies of information. Much appreciated for sure I have managed to swap it out for this one now but was a bit extra money on top at my local fuel stationhttps://www.aidlubricants.co.uk/shop/q8-formula-vx-long-life-5w30/95.htmPlease let me know if it is any good? THanks

That's fine, Never heard of Q8 though, I tend to stick to Castrol Edge or similar.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions