What fan should I buy for medium size bedroom?

Found 29th Jun
Not looking for one thats silent, Im not paying £300 for two years warranty on a fan,

anybody got something they reccomend?
Community Updates
AskBedroom
17 Comments
If you have a dressing table or something to put it on just a normal 12" desk fan would be fine.

I have used floor standing and tower types in the past and a desk fan is just as good.

Argos do a Challenge desk fan for £14.99. This is what we have at the moment.

They are nice and quiet on speed 1.
Was actually going to ask this question. I was looking at buying this one since it has pretty favourable reviews

smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
I have a cheap £25 from Argos tower fan. I have turned it to its side and attached it to the bed frame by our feet. Works well
I have this one and recommend it

Igenix DF0037 Digital Tower Fan with 8H Timer and Remote Control, 35-Inch, White amazon.co.uk/dp/…J4G
Have you thought about a ceiling fan. Best thing I ever put in all the bedrooms, i fact I'm laid under it right now
The problem I have found with tower fans is they generally start to go noisy much quicker than a desk fan, but we do use ours a lot. It is on all night for months from late spring through to early autumn.

A personal tip for those of you who like technology... attach it to a smart plug. You can schedule on and off times with the software eg Kasa, or use Alexa or Google home to voice command it on and off.

I use TP Link smart plugs.
Edited by: "hottoast" 30th Jun
Nice cheep one here...
amazon.co.uk/Lloytron-F1221WH-Stay-Pedestal-White/dp/B00J68FHLY
Not sure if mine is this exact one. I paid £20 3 years ago. Its feels a little cheap and flimsy, but it has lasted through many trips in and out the loft, it's been battered by my kids and knocked over (numerous times a day) by my dog. Mine hase the stay cool logo on the center of the fan but I'm sure that won't make a difference to this one. 3 speeds. 1st speed quite quite, but useless unless your within half a metre. 3rd speed is quite effective, I was surprised. Not quiet at full speed but not ridiculously loud. Myself and my partner can sleep with it on in our bedroom. I have it roughly a metre from the bed on rotate (moves 180degs).
Shop for a cheaper price tho, I didn't look just posted a link to the 1st one I found.

n.b. you have to put your mouth to the grill and say 'Luke I am your father' whilst it is at full speed. Its the law!

Edit to add: look after the end caps on the feet, once removed the squareness is easily deformed.
Edited by: "BFCsider" 30th Jun
Whatever one you want, most are adjustable.
Another vote here for a ceiling fan 🏻
Contra-evaporative concept: add heatload to a space by running an electric motor to push warm air around the same space.
We have Fantasia celling fans in the bedrooms and they are awesome. Keep and eye out for clearance deals. On the lowest setting you wouldn't know it was running (noise wise)
Dyson tower fans are perfect for the bedroom, quiet at low speeds. Check out their refurb deals on ebay.
I was looking at these retro desk fans from Aldi for £24.99 or £29.99 for the Pedestal model. Just thought they looked nicer than a white plastic one.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 30th Jun
hottoast9 h, 24 m ago

The problem I have found with tower fans is they generally start to go …The problem I have found with tower fans is they generally start to go noisy much quicker than a desk fan, but we do use ours a lot. It is on all night for months from late spring through to early autumn.A personal tip for those of you who like technology... attach it to a smart plug. You can schedule on and off times with the software eg Kasa, or use Alexa or Google home to voice command it on and off.I use TP Link smart plugs.

I use sonoff:)
deleted396333
A medium sized fan.
I got a 3 speed desk fan refurbished under 10 quid last year from ebay looks brand new works good
argos.co.uk/pro…090

We have this, it’s lovely on a hot day. We have it on the dressing table on other side of the room, on low speed it’s still powerful enough to provide a nice breeze. We’ve had smaller fans which provide very little in the way of cooking unless left on all day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants