Groups

What feedback would you give?

Did my first bit of ebay selling last week.

All 3 items went for pretty good prices so I was quite pleased (can't believe people pay so much ... they obviously don't know about this site!). Whilst 2 of the items got immediate payment, and the whole deal finished within 2 days, the other item (280075752638) went to someone with private feedback.

I've contacted him a few times via email and telephone. Seems he's been spending too much on ebay. I asked him to give me a deadline by which he'd pay by. He said he'd definitely be able to pay by Monday 12th ... that's 9 days since end of auction. I agreed.

However, can't see him meeting that deadline (using the tools on goofbay, it seems like he's got quite a few outstanding payments to make).

Either way - if he pays or not - what feedback would you lot recommend?

8 Comments

NEVER leave feedback as a seller until the buyer has left you feedback. If you leave feedback first it leaves you open to feedback extortion.
    If he does pay you on Monday and he leaves you feedback, do the same, but just mention that you had to wait 10 days or whatever for payment. Don't leave a neg if he leaves you a pos.

This is the Neutral your buyer is hiding:-
    http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconNeu_16x16.gifItem lost in the post - buyer refunded.

and this is what he left:-
    http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/icon/iconNeg_16x16.gifItem Not Recieved Was Sellers Fault Left Uncalled For Feedback

if he pays by the date u agreed, then leave him positive feedback if not a neg unless he has valid excuse and pays u within a few days after the 12th then a neutral

If the buyer does not respond to the NPB dispute then he cannot leave you feedback, but you can neg him, but only leave a neg if he does not pay.

Original Poster

dinosteveus

If the buyer does not respond to the NPB dispute then he cannot leave you … If the buyer does not respond to the NPB dispute then he cannot leave you feedback, but you can neg him, but only leave a neg if he does not pay.

Thanks for all the useful advice. As an ebay rookie ... what's a "NPB dispute"?

shieldsy

Thanks for all the useful advice. As an ebay rookie ... what's a "NPB … Thanks for all the useful advice. As an ebay rookie ... what's a "NPB dispute"?

Soz :oops:
    Non Paying Bidder.

edit,
    Have you read my ebay tips for Sellers and Buyers?

Original Poster

Thanks DinoSteveUs. Yeh, I did read your ebay guides ... and followed their advice. Very useful. It's a bit nervewracking selling your first item! Was hoping that the guy with private feedback wouldn't win ... but alas!

Still, thanks to something you posted on another thread I found out about goofbay.com and how to reveal private feedack. Though you seemed to find it an awful lot quicker than I did. Do you have some trick?!

shieldsy, Goofbay used to have an option to check 'private' feedback, but ebay made them remove that option last year.:x
    Now I/we have to do it the old fashioned way, see what he bid on and see what that seller left him for feedback. Luckily I didn't have to go back too far or I'd still be looking now. :giggle:
    Sellers cannot have private feedback. :thumbsup:

If you are ever unsure about anything ebay related, please contact me through my ebay Dino ID, PM on here or email me:-[email protected]googlemail.com
    I'll reply asap.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value12
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1953
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553752
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767179

See more discussions