Groups

What film out of these to go and see if you are a normal 35 year old man?

Hi. Going to cinema with husband tomorrow - shall we see the Avatar 3d or "Homes" film? Anyone seen these? Either appeal to me. Thanks

18 Comments

have seen avatar...its really long...if you have to force yourself to sit through one then go for the shortest....

avatar wasnt all it cracked up to be IMHO not seen holmes

I would say Avatar 3d before it goes off. How about the new Mel Gibson, one that looks good (if its out yet)

Rent a film called Mesrine and stay in with a good bottle of Chablis/Chateau Neuf and pack of 20 bensons - sorted

Go for Avatar 3D :thumbsup:

S Holmes was brill too !

Avatar 3D, no brainer. Everyone should see that film in 3D whilst its at the cinema

Banned

Well, being 34 I'd suggest neither.

I'll go along with Alfonse and suggest staying at home with a DVD.
    Any Guillermo del Toro will do:

The Orphanage (2007)

Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

The Devil's Backbone (2001)

Amores Perros (2000)

Cronos (1993)

I'm curious what would you have recommended for a non normal man of 35? how do you even classify that...if we can work out what that is then we should be able to make good positive recommendations. :-D

I've seen both recently with the girlfriend, and both are well worth a watch. Avatar is just stunning in 3D though. See that. For what it's worth, my girlfriend loved it too.

Alfonse;7728457

Rent a film called Mesrine and stay in with a good bottle of … Rent a film called Mesrine and stay in with a good bottle of Chablis/Chateau Neuf and pack of 20 bensons - sorted

agree totally-mesrine is fantastic-its a shame that there are some people who just will not watch subtitled movies no matter what-they have no idea what they are missing.

mesrine is better than 99 percent of the hollywood junk that gets churned out.

I will suggest "Un Prophète". Though out of the two options I would see Holmes.

barky;7728561

agree totally-mesrine is fantastic-its a shame that there are some people … agree totally-mesrine is fantastic-its a shame that there are some people who just will not watch subtitled movies no matter what-they have no idea what they are missing.mesrine is better than 99 percent of the hollywood junk that gets churned out.

Totally agree just seen the oscar nomination for best film guess what? All films are in the English language why is that? Since its inception a non english film as never won best picture.

dananana;7728568

I will suggest "Un Prophète". Though out of the two options I would see … I will suggest "Un Prophète". Though out of the two options I would see Holmes.

prophet is amazing too-one of the greatest prison dramas ever made!

dananana;7728587

Totally agree just seen the oscar nomination for best film guess what? … Totally agree just seen the oscar nomination for best film guess what? All films are in the English language why is that? Since its inception a non english film as never won.

There is a foreign language Oscar! but yeah you're right its not the point

Original Poster

greg_68;7728442

I would say Avatar 3d before it goes off. How about the new Mel Gibson, … I would say Avatar 3d before it goes off. How about the new Mel Gibson, one that looks good (if its out yet)

yes it is - edge of darkness

Having seen both and being of a similiar age (and I believe 'normal') go for Avatar in 3d. Holmes isn't upto much - I didn't even realise it was a comedy...!

sherlock holmes defo !! how can you not love robert downey jnr !! good film too:thumbsup:

avatar 3d by a country mile i would rate it 9.5/10
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3941607
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846337
      3. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate44
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606

See more discussions