Expired

What fixing bolts to tv for a samsung ue40h500?

Found 26th Sep 2014
Just bought a samsung ue40h500 and a tv bracket from amazon, problem is the bolts provided to attach the brackets to the tv seem way too short and not sure if they're even the right size, any one know what I should be looking for?
Many thanks.
Community Updates
AskSamsung
10 Comments
M8 machine screws.
transit

M8 machine screws.

Thank you, do you know the length?
cycleman

Thank you, do you know the length?

Just had a quick look, most seem to be 20mm.

You can get sets with all sizes in just incase. ebay.co.uk/itm…ad1
OldEnglish

Just had a quick look, most seem to be 20mm. You can get sets with all … Just had a quick look, most seem to be 20mm. You can get sets with all sizes in just incase. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESA-Mounting-Bolts-Screws-Selection-Pack-M4-M6-M8-LCD-Plasma-TV-Screens-/221523696337?pt=UK_Computing_Monitor_Mounts_Stands&hash=item3393d75ad1

Thank you, think it must be the M8
Are the screws not provided with the t.v.? The last couple i have bought have already had them in the back, just remove them and fix the bracket to the back
20mm sounds a bit long to me. I've fitted hundreds of TVs in schools and never needed anything longer than 10mm. I'd be worried a 20 would go in too far.
if you can't get the right length m8's in the multipack of all sizes (had the same problem with the 32" version of this tv) then you are better to use m8's that are slightly too long and "pack out" with washers , screwfix do packs of 100 washers for about 95p ..... worked perfectly for us
trimm trab

if you can't get the right length m8's in the multipack of all sizes (had … if you can't get the right length m8's in the multipack of all sizes (had the same problem with the 32" version of this tv) then you are better to use m8's that are slightly too long and "pack out" with washers , screwfix do packs of 100 washers for about 95p ..... worked perfectly for us

Thanks, sounds a good idea.
Be very very careful about the length. I went to put my son's samsung on the wall and whilst there was adequate clearance on 3 of the bolts for 30mm length one of the holes had part of a printed circuit board directly at the back of the fourth hole. I used a cocktail stick to put it the hole and then measured how far it went in. It was 12mm. Added the thickness of the bracket at 2mm would have meant using a standard 20mm as mentioned above would have been too long and could have damaged the tv.
Smartguy1

Be very very careful about the length. I went to put my son's samsung on … Be very very careful about the length. I went to put my son's samsung on the wall and whilst there was adequate clearance on 3 of the bolts for 30mm length one of the holes had part of a printed circuit board directly at the back of the fourth hole. I used a cocktail stick to put it the hole and then measured how far it went in. It was 12mm. Added the thickness of the bracket at 2mm would have meant using a standard 20mm as mentioned above would have been too long and could have damaged the tv.

Thanks, I used 20mm and they were just about long enough, in fact I left a washer off one because it wouldn't grip, hope that's going to be ok, still on the wall this morning any way...!
Problem I've got now is tightening those screws underneath, to secure the bracket at the bottom, I haven't got a screwdriver long or thin enough, back up the shops I guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants