Posted 31st Dec 2022
Watched breakfast club for the second time yesterday, incredible movie!

Looking for some more films to watch so open to any suggestions apart from super hero ones, I get lost or bored with them for some reason
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Top gun 2. It’s on paramount plus atm
  2. Avatar
    Posted this list before. I did this for my kids to give them a list of classic movies that I like - a mix of genres but not much Action or Superheroes.

All of Me, As Good as it Gets, Being There, Ben Hur, Brassed Off, Braveheart, Coach Carter, Coming to America, Cool Hand Luke, Dances with Wolves, Dead Poets Society, Deliverance, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Doctor Zhivago, El Cid, Enemy of the State, Fatal Attraction, Field of Dreams, Groundhog Day, High Plains Drifter, Highlander, It’s a Wonderful Life, Kramer vs Kramer, Last of the Mohicans, Legend of the Falls, Marathon Man, Meet Joe Black, Michael, Michael Clayton, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, Papillon (original), Phenomenon, Remember the Titans, Runaway Jury, Schindler's List, Something About Mary, Spaghetti Westerns - Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Spartacus, The Cowboys, The Deer Hunter, The Dream Team, The Eagle has Landed, The Family Man, The Game, The Godfather Trilogy, The Graduate, The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven, The Omen (and Omen II), The Producers, The Shawshank Redemption, The Sting, The Windermere Children, Tootsie, Trading Places, and Where Eagles Dare.
    Author
    Amazing list thanks so much!
  3. Avatar
    2 good whodunnit movies - "Knives Out", & "Glass Onion" (just ignore Daniel Craig's accent )
    Author
    Thanks I think I will put these on tonight as part of a movie marathon
  4. Avatar
    Can’t stop thinking about banshees of inisherin since I watched that last week. Such a breath of fresh air. It’s definitely a love it or hate it film but for me it was brilliant. Give it a go. 
    Touche!
  5. Avatar
    Living (in cinema)
    The Duke
  6. Avatar
    Train to Busan and Infernal Affairs. Seen them before, worth a re-watch.
  7. Avatar
    Trains, Planes & Automobiles as well as Uncle Buck are good watches. John Candy was legendary
  8. Avatar
    Kelly’s heroes, the princess bride, Groundhog Day, ghostbusters, boondock saints, true romance, Smokey and the bandit, canonball run, phantom of the opera (Gerald Butler), walk in the clouds, mr popper’s penguins, broken arrow (Christian slater and John travolta), Oscar (sylvester Stallone)

I could go on forever but it really depends on what type of movie you’re after
  9. Avatar
    If you liked "The Breakfast Club", I recommend "Empire Records", which has a similar vibe but 90s.

It flopped at the box office but has become a beloved cult classic over time.
  10. Avatar
    One mans good film is another.....

but here's two i enjoyed recently

The Good Liar

The Talented Mr Ripley (edited)
  11. Avatar
    Just going through some old films, Sweeney Todd the musical
  12. Avatar
    Author
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions the watch list is building up now!
  13. Avatar
    will you be settling down as a family to watch, or just yourself ?
    Author
    Myself and partner
  14. Avatar
    if you’re still watching festive movies.. spirited (good afternoon) 8-bit Christmas & a boy called Christmas..

other movies..
    Groundhog Day - bullet train - red dog - the change up - nobody - the warriors - final destination - trading places - Leon - uncle buck - ferris buellers day off - planes trains & automobiles - rim of the world - napoleon dynamite - Togo - full metal jacket - 10 things I hate about you - Se7en - so I married an axe murderer - the nice guys - mr Brooks - seven psychopaths..

and if you like documentaries..
    Blackfish
  15. Avatar
    Since it's you and your partner, no idea what genres you enjoy together but my go to recommendation is always "Prisoners" as far as I'm aware it's on Netflix still, recommended it 10+ times and never heard a bad word

Failing that (if you've already seen it) a few off the top of my head

Hacksaw Ridge
    Green Mile
    Shawshank Redemptiom
    Captain Philips

In terms of new movies

A Knives Out & Glass Onion: A Knives Out Story (both on Netflix)
    The Menu
    Violent Night
    Smile
  16. Avatar
    My recent watches that i enjoyed...
    (Amazon Prime) John Wick 1 - 3
    (Netflix) The Gentleman, Shot Caller, The Guilty, The Rainmaker.

the only other film i've got to watch is Bullet Train, which i have heard good things about.
  17. Avatar
    13 lives on Amazon. About the Thai boys that got stuck in the cave. 
  18. Avatar
    AKIRA! KANEDA…….....….….
  19. Avatar
    Nope!
  20. Avatar
    Dead Mans Shoes