What happened to Play.com

Found 9th Jul 2011
I remember the days when play.com were my first choice for most of my online purchases.
I used to order something on one day, it would of been dispatched the next and then it would be delivered on the following day.

Now, within the last year and a half, all my orders take at least 5 days to arrive from date of dispatch.

Most recently, an iPad case I ordered last Monday. Was posted on the Tuesday, it's notpw Saturday and it still hasn't turned up.

Play.com just can't provide the service they used to before.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing, or is it just me?
Community Updates
Misc
20 Comments
whatsThePoint

So your saying they are dispatching it as fast as usual but the delivery … So your saying they are dispatching it as fast as usual but the delivery company is taking its time

LOL
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

So your saying they are dispatching it as fast as usual but the delivery … So your saying they are dispatching it as fast as usual but the delivery company is taking its time

No, not necessarily.
It usually shows up that it's been dispatched on the site but I don't receive a dispatch email until a few days after.
So maybe it showing on the site that it's been posted but actually hasn't.
whatsThePoint

You failed your avatar there mate LOL.
Original Poster
And I was only referring to my most recent order, which is one of many orders I've placed in the last year
amazon is king now
Original Poster
effingandjeffing

amazon is king now

Amazon have been really good since I've been using them.
Prices are reasonable the service is excellent
Whenever i've used Play.com its usually taken around 3 days, on occasions its taken 5 days, If they are the cheapest + postage is free, it doesn't bother me.
Banned
effingandjeffing

amazon is king now

still takes around 5 days using them in my experience (supersaver delivery)

OP needs to become a little more patient!
Edited by: "csiman" 9th Jul 2011
csiman

still takes around 5 days using them in my experience (supersaver … still takes around 5 days using them in my experience (supersaver delivery)

Amazon are always good for me supersaver normally receive in about 3 days
well shame on you if you depriving the uk govt of much needed VAT by buying from offshore companies

you re the same as Vodafone and U2(if you're Irish)
Edited by: "effingandjeffing" 9th Jul 2011
effingandjeffing

well shame on you if you depriving the uk govt of much needed VAT by … well shame on you if you depriving the uk govt of much needed VAT by buying from offshore companiesyou re the same as Vodafone and U2(if you're Irish)

Perhaps if the UK ( Tory Government ) were not so greedy, we would buy from UK based companies.
Banned
Inactive

Perhaps if the UK ( Tory Government ) were not so greedy, we would buy … Perhaps if the UK ( Tory Government ) were not so greedy, we would buy from UK based companies.

what have they done thats greedy that hasn't either been forced upon them or was already in place when they took office?
I don't use play.com anymore either, used to use them for near enough all my game purchases They always used to be my first choice but now amazon is. Had a bad experience with something not turning up and took me around 3 months to force a refund out of them.
Play.com thread turned political. Beautiful.
whatsThePoint

How are they being greedy, they are trying to repay the debts left by the … How are they being greedy, they are trying to repay the debts left by the last labour governmentIf you support labour your just as responsible for the high taxes and its foolhardy to think you can pass the blame on to the people who now have to clear the mess up

if they would actual stop wasting so much tax payers money on stupid things i.e. enquires, office and stationary, systems, buying new tech then scrapping it, letting banks away with messing up the economy. All the uk gov do is take take take, when will it get get get which is never. Too many foreigners, don't get me wrong i like foreigners but i dislike the way they can cripple are system to get more than the honest and hard working..the more dishonest you are the more you get back from our gov in todays society.
numptyj

Took me a while to realise what happened, I thought my phone had started auto loading the next topic.

I ordered something from amazon at 9pm Monday, it was delivered 8:30 wed morning, just saying...

I've used play ever since they were called play247 and the delivery times have always been the same 4-5 days... Nothing new
Banned
andyhunter

if they would actual stop wasting so much tax payers money on stupid … if they would actual stop wasting so much tax payers money on stupid things i.e. enquires, office and stationary, systems, buying new tech then scrapping it, letting banks away with messing up the economy. All the uk gov do is take take take, when will it get get get which is never. Too many foreigners, don't get me wrong i like foreigners but i dislike the way they can cripple are system to get more than the honest and hard working..the more dishonest you are the more you get back from our gov in todays society.

So, again, which are the fault of the current goverment?
numptyj

Good call X)
whatsThePoint

I don't think they are despatching things when they say they are.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions