Groups

What happened to the price of the 2017 peter rabbit proof coin it was going for around £150 on ebay when it first came out and now is going for under £100 can someone please explain this

Would like to know why the price is so down as the 2016 coins is rocketing above £400 so shouldn't the price go up as they are sold out at the royal mint so the price should be increasing instead of decreasing.

10 Comments

It's supply and demand, if nobody wants them...... It's only a 50p coin why should it be worth more than that?

Lots of things are more valuable when they first come out. Then they lose their value a bit because they're not in the news any more yet aren't old enough to be really sought after. Same reason why Titanic memorabilia jumped in value when the movie was a success. It's all about whether it's popular because that's what drives the value when it really doesn't have much intrinsic value.

Original Poster

Muir

Lots of things are more valuable when they first come out. Then they lose … Lots of things are more valuable when they first come out. Then they lose their value a bit because they're not in the news any more yet aren't old enough to be really sought after. Same reason why Titanic memorabilia jumped in value when the movie was a success. It's all about whether it's popular because that's what drives the value when it really doesn't have much intrinsic value.

How is the 2016 coin worth so much

shyki12345

How is the 2016 coin worth so much

Lol. How much? I have one here

Original Poster

chuckiedoll

Lol. How much? I have one here

More than £400 lol

Wow! Maybe need to look into selling it! lol
    Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 12th Apr

These types of coins are a rip off... worth face value and then above that its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. They may have sold out but they are not rare or any type of garaunteed investment

Could some one please show me where I can sell the 2016
    Peter rabbit coin for £400 as i have bought 20 for my daughter
    and I think she would sell some.

Original Poster

databar

Could some one please show me where I can sell the 2016 Peter rabbit … Could some one please show me where I can sell the 2016 Peter rabbit coin for £400 as i have bought 20 for my daughter and I think she would sell some.

On eBay, and by the way it's the proof version so it has its special box and everything not just the coin itself

It also has to be the silver coin (made from silver, not silver colour) and also have the colour shading on the picture. The valuable ones are not coins in circulation
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?11
      2. advice needed on dumbell weight training please11
      3. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget44
      4. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost517

See more discussions