What Happens if I (Unknowingly) buy a Stolen PS3?

19 replies
Found 11th Aug 2008
Since the deal from buyithere does not seem to be true anymore, I am looking to buy else where and found a couple on gumtree, found one for just over 230quids, brand new unopened, my questions is:

If its stolen, will I be able to register it with sony, and how can I check?

1. Misc
  2. PS3
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS3
19 Comments

Original Poster

Seller says he got it as a gift and he already has one.

caveat emptor

let the buyer beware......

if it's too good to be true it usually is

Banned

choc1969;2726967

if it's too good to be true it usually is

not in the case of stolen property it isn't

I pick up bargains all the time that alot of people would consider too good to be true

i got a ps3 for £100 of a friend of a friend, i have rented mgs4 for the week so gonna hammer it and then sell it for £250 or something on ebay (its the 60gb ps2 version)

Banned

of course as with any internet sale over £50 i would try and do it cash on collection so you don't get swindled!

Proximo;2726986

not in the case of stolen property it isn't I pick up bargains all the … not in the case of stolen property it isn't I pick up bargains all the time that alot of people would consider too good to be truei got a ps3 for £100 of a friend of a friend, i have rented mgs4 for the week so gonna hammer it and then sell it for £250 or something on ebay (its the 60gb ps2 version)

Still stolen pal............. would not want to be your friend.,......

.....probably nick my stuff.

Marky264;2727007

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/11/stolen-ps3-tracked-through-psn/this … http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/11/stolen-ps3-tracked-through-psn/this is what will happen

yep, you'll get a 360 lol.

that's analogous to buying a stolen ferrari and ending up with a mondeo!

You hang on to your bar of soap very tightly in the prison showers...

Original Poster

Proximo;2727006

of course as with any internet sale over £50 i would try and do it cash … of course as with any internet sale over £50 i would try and do it cash on collection so you don't get swindled!

I ll be doing it cash on collection.

Original Poster

robtallica;2727086

You hang on to your bar of soap very tightly in the prison showers...

:whistling:

Banned

rash;2727039

Still stolen pal............. would not want to be your … Still stolen pal............. would not want to be your friend.,...........probably nick my stuff.

lol

saayinla;2727087

I ll be doing it cash on collection.

yeah then go for it you have nothing to lose except maybe a little bit of time so do it only if he lives close, by chasing the seemingly too good to be true deals in my time i have done very well whilst the people who worry and do nothing sit at home and miss out

Proximo;2726986

not in the case of stolen property it isn't I pick up bargains all the … not in the case of stolen property it isn't I pick up bargains all the time that alot of people would consider too good to be truei got a ps3 for £100 of a friend of a friend, i have rented mgs4 for the week so gonna hammer it and then sell it for £250 or something on ebay (its the 60gb ps2 version)

yeah I get stuff like that, I got offered an iphone the other day, no box, no charger £60, brought it.:thumbsup:

what a deal!

black gerbil1;2728066

yeah I get stuff like that, I got offered an iphone the other day, no … yeah I get stuff like that, I got offered an iphone the other day, no box, no charger £60, brought it.:thumbsup:what a deal!

Where did you go? :whistling:

black gerbil1;2728066

yeah I get stuff like that, I got offered an iphone the other day, no … yeah I get stuff like that, I got offered an iphone the other day, no box, no charger £60, brought it.:thumbsup:what a deal!

Bunch of theives and conmen. I would never buy anything like, not because I am scared but because it's a matter of principle, I do not like having anything to do with theives. I am a well educated person and to be associated with people like that - well thats just the worst insult anyone can ever give.

I won't be buying anything of you........

rash;2730194

Bunch of theives and conmen. I would never buy anything like, not because … Bunch of theives and conmen. I would never buy anything like, not because I am scared but because it's a matter of principle, I do not like having anything to do with theives. I am a well educated person and to be associated with people like that - well thats just the worst insult anyone can ever give.I won't be buying anything of you........

I never said it was stolen

Should be less than £200 if it's stolen.

black gerbil1;2730237

I never said it was stolen

It certainly seemed that is what you were insinuating!

Abvance;2730262

debatable

Abvance;2730262

Although thieves look for a quick sale, a PS3 under £200 doesnt warrant to be a stolen one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57577
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45

See more discussions