What happens if royal mail can't deliver a parcel? do I have to pay postage again

Found 7th Mar 2015
iv been let down by royal mail . iv sent a mobile via 1st class recorded but the buyer from eBay has not received it yet.
If they don't deliver it for a reason then the parcel would come back to me, would I have to pay postage again as it's already costed me £4.30
I am really annoyed now

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
9 Comments
it goes to the local sorting office for a week, a card goes through the person door, if they don't collect it within a week it's returned to you
You actually get 18 days to collect the parcel from the sorting office, unless there's another reason for none delivery
Yes you would have to pay again. I had mine returned from Australia and had to pay again to send it back to my sister!
Edited by: "ashopaholic123" 7th Mar 2015
There's no such thing as recorded any more. Did you send it Signed For? If the recipient is carded because they aren't home to sign for the parcel and if they choose not to go to the sorting office to pick it up, that's their problem. Wait until it comes back to you, refund them the cost of the item less how much it cost you to post it and sell it to someone else.

Or are you going by the tracking which is saying being processed in the network? It happens a lot that the tracking never gets updated and that the recipient has actually received the item.

Edited by: "ceres" 7th Mar 2015
ceres

There's no such thing as recorded any more. Did you send it Signed For? … There's no such thing as recorded any more. Did you send it Signed For? If the recipient is carded because they aren't home to sign for the parcel and if they choose not to go to the sorting office to pick it up, that's their problem. Wait until it comes back to you, refund them the cost of the item less how much it cost you to post it and sell it to someone else.Or are you going by the tracking which is saying being processed in the network? It happens a lot that the tracking never gets updated and that the recipient has actually received the item.

yes iv got tracking with it. It says it's with royal mail. its also called recorded because that's what I asked for and she gave it.
It's a eBay item, the buyer wants to give an alternative address now, I'm thinking the buyer may have refused accepting it so royal mail will send it back.
sofiasar

yes iv got tracking with it. It says it's with royal mail. its also … yes iv got tracking with it. It says it's with royal mail. its also called recorded because that's what I asked for and she gave it. It's a eBay item, the buyer wants to give an alternative address now, I'm thinking the buyer may have refused accepting it so royal mail will send it back.

Orange ticket? Some places still use them which say Recorded but they don't offer that service anymore, its now Signed For, however they often don't bother with the signature even though you pay extra.

Alternatively the buyer could have received the item, checking the tracking information, see its not updated and just claimed they didn't receive anything.
Edited by: "joshp" 8th Mar 2015
sofiasar

yes iv got tracking with it. It says it's with royal mail. its also … yes iv got tracking with it. It says it's with royal mail. its also called recorded because that's what I asked for and she gave it. It's a eBay item, the buyer wants to give an alternative address now, I'm thinking the buyer may have refused accepting it so royal mail will send it back.

There is no Recorded. The Post Office can't sell you a service that doesn't exist.

With the Signed For service, the tracking very often never gets updated to say delivered. Has the buyer contacted you after you sent it to say they haven't received it? Or did they contact you since you sent it asking for it to be delivered somewhere else? If you sent it to the buyer's confirmed Paypal address, you have done all that you are required to. You do not have to re-send it elsewhere.
ceres

There is no Recorded. The Post Office can't sell you a service that … There is no Recorded. The Post Office can't sell you a service that doesn't exist.With the Signed For service, the tracking very often never gets updated to say delivered. Has the buyer contacted you after you sent it to say they haven't received it? Or did they contact you since you sent it asking for it to be delivered somewhere else? If you sent it to the buyer's confirmed Paypal address, you have done all that you are required to. You do not have to re-send it elsewhere.

yea I sent it to the buyer address. He said the postcode is wrong and royal mail will send it back to me. He gave me another address to send it to.
iv said iv already paid £4.20 postage
sofiasar

yea I sent it to the buyer address. He said the postcode is wrong and … yea I sent it to the buyer address. He said the postcode is wrong and royal mail will send it back to me. He gave me another address to send it to. iv said iv already paid £4.20 postage

So he's saying that the postcode of his confirmed Payapl address is incorrect? You are under no obligation to send it to any address other than the one that he has recorded in Paypal. If he entered his address in Paypal incorrectly, that's his problem. Does he have any negative feedback from previous purchases?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants